PV Sunshades & Solar Carport
What are PV-Sunshades?
The latest and innovative way to use the shades to protect the assets and structures form the harsh sun rays is Photovoltaic Sunshades. Like any ordinary shades, extended structure is required for the PV-Sunshades.
Photovoltaic panels integrated in the extended roofs for power production. The flat or curved surfaces of the shades absorb maximum sunlight to generate electric power.
Where are the PV-Sunshades used?
In commercial campuses the building structures and vehicles in the parking lot take the whole day of exposure to the sun. Long exposures to the sun results in degradation of the structure and increase in temperature.
Increase in the interior temperature increases the energy cost for air conditioning. Therefore PV-Sunshades solve two problems at once. Providing shade and reducing the heating effect and contributing to the power generating and reducing energy cost. In commercial campuses PV-Sunshades find their spot in
- Parking lot sheds: Normal shed with solar panels and electric circuits integrated.
- Extended roof tops for buildings: Extended roofs for protecting the front face of the building from the sunrays.
- Electric vehicle(EV) charging points: Shed for Electric vehicles with charging points.
- PV Sunshade curtains for glass panels: For protecting the interiors from harmful Uv rays and converting the light into power.
Advantages of PV-Sunshades & Solar Carport
- Uses renewable energy source for producing electricity
- Wide variety of options available bot in term sof shape size and colors
- Low maintenance
- High tech design for modern look
- Light on the structure
- Cost saving from power storage
- Customizable according to household or commercial use
How does a PV-Sunshade work?
Photovoltaic Sun Shade modules produce up to 170W of peak power every square meter of the surface. The working is simple like any other Solar power plant. The sunlight is absorbed by the cells and the current is sent through the circuit.
For example in case parking lot shades, the circuit contains EV charging points. Everything is contained within the shed. Power is stored in the Lithium-Ion batteries for fast charging. Vehicles get charged while parked in the shed during the day time.
What are some top brands of PV-Sunshades?
Most of these manufacturers and suppliers deal in PV screens that are flexible and customizable for various applications.
- DAC Awnings
- Starshade Solar Screen Mfg.
- Muskegon Awning & Fabrication, Inc.