Solar Pole Mounts System
When it comes to solar panel installation mounting systems should be taken seriously and professionally. The mounting system should be appropriate for the solar photovoltaic system’s design and function. Besides, these installation processes provide the structural support that solar panels need to reach their optimum tilt. An improper mounting system can also affect the overall performance of the entire solar power system. Thus, it’s essential to understand the different types of solar mounting systems.
What is Pole Mounting System?
Pole mounting system is a type of ground-mounted solar installation that uses a pole to support solar PV panels. Unlike rooftop solar panel system installation, pole mounting systems are not required to fix solar panels at the roof shingles. If you don’t prefer to mount these panels to your roof, then using a pole mount for your PV system can be a good alternative.
The Pole mount system is quick and easy to install and can provide a good option to mount your solar panels beyond reach but are still off the ground and away from harmful elements. You can easily access them for angle adjustment and cleaning or maintenance purposes compared to the solar panels installed on your rooftop.
What are the Features of a Solar Pole Mount System?
Below are the common features of a standard solar pole system:
- Single-Pole- since your solar panels are elevated on a single pole for free stand support, you can easily mount them on most of the ground surfaces.
- Compact structure – solar pole mounting system has a compact structure, which is suitable for small quantities and capacities of PV modules. They are easy and quick to assemble ideal for a small power station.
- Adjustable angles – it has adjustable angles for maximizing the optimized power generation.
- Frame / frameless solar panels – you can use either of the two PV modules for a pole mounting system.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Pole Mounting System
To help you decide whether to choose a pole mounting system or not, we have listed here some of its benefits and drawbacks. I hope this would help you to arrive at your final decision.
Benefits of Pole Mounting System
- Quick and easy installation process – pole mounting is one of the common types of solar installation due to its easier and quicker installation process that takes only a few hours.
- Maximize open space – if your property is near to unused open space, pole mounting can give you the leeway to make use of it in the most efficient way.
- Fewer restrictions and installation requirements- with pole mounting, there are fewer requirements on how and where you can install your solar power system. As long as you have a large open area, you can set up your solar panels easily.
- Equipped with an advanced tracking system – a pole mount solar installation also include a sun tracking system that will help you monitor whether your panels are getting enough sun exposure and maximum productivity throughout the day.
Drawbacks of Pole Mounting System
- Requires large vacant land space – pole mounting needs large open areas to install your solar panels. If you don’t have unused land space or living in a dense urban community then it would not fit your solar needs.
- Mostly restricted to some areas – Municipal bylaws and community homeowners associations sometimes limit the use of these solar installations due to their unsightly presence.
- Additional hardware – pole mount systems often require additional hardware, which adds up to the initial installation cost.
If you don’t want to damage your roof shingles by installing a solar panel system or you only want to supplement your roof-mounted system with additional solar panels for more capacity, then a pole mounting system is perfect for you. After all, investing in a pole-mounted solar system will generate a better ROI over time.
Solar Products Distributors
Distributors are those companies working as big warehouses that served as the middlemen between the consumer/customer and the manufacturer. Typically, in distribution, a company is handling the sourcing, stocking and logistics but nowadays they are also helping manufacturers in product designing and solving other business conflicts.
Aside from other industries, distributors also play a vital role in the solar industry. Solar distributors become long-term partners of solar manufacturing companies and even solar contractors. They are not only serving as warehouse facilities but partners that also provide strategic solutions to help solar companies achieve their desired outcomes. Solar distributors assist solar manufacturing companies by storing. handling and shipping their solar products to their buyers. On the other hand, they help solar contractor companies in outsourcing high-quality solar products.
These solar distributors are the ones who deal with homeowners who want to go solar, businesses that work with the solar industry and solar installers who offer solar system services to both residential and commercial customers. But on top of that, the solar distributor’s main role is to maintain its commitment to outsourcing and handling high-quality products and delivering them to customers at a good value.
Up to these days, many solar distributors have been operating and helping many solar companies in distributing their products. So, if you are looking for the most trusted and reliable solar distributor, you can easily find one by checking out solar outsourcing companies that provide easy access to reliable information, news, data and a list of solar suppliers and distributors near you.
Papua New Guinea
A brief assessment of the solar market in Papua New Guinea
An estimated 12% of Papua New Guinea’s population has access to on-grid electricity. The country’s power supply network is extensively unreliable, and blackouts are the order of the day. It relies heavily on oil and diesel, even though it has a huge potential for hydro and solar power generation.
Currently, 2.5 Megawatts worth of solar projects are underway across three solar plants in Papua New Guinea. Although on-grid solar lighting is a course for concern, the country has emerged as one of the world’s largest off-grid solar markets. To be precise, 60% of households in Papua New Guinea rely on off-grid solar for daily lighting needs.
The government of Papua New Guinea targets to electrify 70% of the country by 2030. There is no doubt that solar energy will play a critical role in the attainment of this goal. Therefore, solar installers and solar experts should expect vast opportunities in Papua New Guinea’s solar market.
Papua New Guinea’s solar equipment supply capacity
There are several reputable solar equipment suppliers in Papua New Guinea. Most of these companies seek to provide mobile lighting solutions and off-grid power. Fortunately, the Solarfeeds family has got you covered. Our e-commerce marketplace serves all solar installers and professionals by providing access to the world’s leading solar equipment brands. You can get competitive quotes just by placing a request via the website’s inquiry page. Is this not easier than roaming around requesting quotes?
It is also not difficult to import solar equipment to Papua New Guinea. The country boasts of an extensive network of seaports. A carefully selected logistics company can then deliver the equipment to the project site.