What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation
Custom Made Solar Products OEM
OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer which is commonly referred to as a company that manufactures and offers parts and accessories of items that are used as components of a product from another company. To sum it up, OEM commonly manufactures specific items on behalf of brands. Though OEM typically operates in the computer and technology industries, it also works in the solar industry.
Factories for White Label Solar Products
In the case of the solar industry, most solar companies work with solar OEMs to build and design their own solar products such as solar panels, cells, modules, etc. OEM becomes their outsourcing partner that helps them in assembling and reproducing their solar products.
Nowadays, a huge number of solar companies, particularly those large solar manufacturing companies, are partnering with outstanding solar OEMs to deliver the best quality solar products to their solar customers. Mainly, the reason is, these solar OEMs help solar manufacturers cut down their production costs since they no longer have to operate their own factories, purchase needed materials and hire labour to produce their solar products.
As a solar manufacturing company, the first thing you need to consider is to find the most reliable solar OEM in the market. One of the biggest perks of the internet these days is you can now easily find these OEMs even in the comfort of your home. With the help of a solar outsourcing marketplace such as SolarFeeds.com, you can easily find the most reliable and right OEM partner for your solar company. Solar outsourcing marketplace helps solar industry professionals gather accurate and timely information about solar including the list of most trusted Solar Original Equipment Manufacturers.