Vietnam’s Solar Market Outlook
Vietnam, a developing country in Southeastern Asia, has seen a dramatic increase in energy demand in the last five years. This rise in demand has subsequently fuelled the growth of the solar sector in the swiftly developing Asian country. According to recent International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) statistics, Vietnam is among the top ten leading countries in solar utilization. This is pretty awesome for a developing nation, don’t you agree?
Statistics released in late 2020 reveal that Vietnam’s solar capacity stood at over 7.4 Gigawatts. This is positively surprising considering that the country’s solar capacity was only 4 megawatts in 2015. The figure below will help paint a clear picture of Vietnam’s exponential growth in matters concerning solar energy;
Solar equipment supply capacity in Vietnam
From a solar products production and supply perspective, Vietnam has immense growth potential. As part of an ambitious solar sector growth plan, the government of Vietnam has implemented flexible investment policies. These policies are primarily responsible for the rise in domestic and foreign producers and distributors dealing with different solar product categories.
It is also worth mentioning that Vietnam’s incredible port and logistical infrastructure have further strengthened its positive solar sector outlook. As stated by the World Economic Forum, Vietnam ranks at position 80 on the quality of port infrastructure. Do you intend to sell or buy solar products from the Vietnamese market? If the answer is yes, you can rest assured that you can safely transport any product to or from Vietnam.
I can confidently conclude that there are immense opportunities for individuals who intend to buy or supply different solar products in Vietnam.
Whether you are a solar installer or EPC, the SolarFeeds family is eager to help push your Agenda in the Vietnamese solar market. Please feel free to talk to us concerning your desires and how we can help you achieve them. Don’t run around requesting for quotes. Let quotes come to you, !
Solar Pole Mounts System
When it comes to solar panel installation mounting systems should be taken seriously and professionally. The mounting system should be appropriate for the solar photovoltaic system’s design and function. Besides, these installation processes provide the structural support that solar panels need to reach their optimum tilt. An improper mounting system can also affect the overall performance of the entire solar power system. Thus, it’s essential to understand the different types of solar mounting systems.
What is Pole Mounting System?
Pole mounting system is a type of ground-mounted solar installation that uses a pole to support solar PV panels. Unlike rooftop solar panel system installation, pole mounting systems are not required to fix solar panels at the roof shingles. If you don’t prefer to mount these panels to your roof, then using a pole mount for your PV system can be a good alternative.
The Pole mount system is quick and easy to install and can provide a good option to mount your solar panels beyond reach but are still off the ground and away from harmful elements. You can easily access them for angle adjustment and cleaning or maintenance purposes compared to the solar panels installed on your rooftop.
What are the Features of a Solar Pole Mount System?
Below are the common features of a standard solar pole system:
- Single-Pole- since your solar panels are elevated on a single pole for free stand support, you can easily mount them on most of the ground surfaces.
- Compact structure – solar pole mounting system has a compact structure, which is suitable for small quantities and capacities of PV modules. They are easy and quick to assemble ideal for a small power station.
- Adjustable angles – it has adjustable angles for maximizing the optimized power generation.
- Frame / frameless solar panels – you can use either of the two PV modules for a pole mounting system.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Pole Mounting System
To help you decide whether to choose a pole mounting system or not, we have listed here some of its benefits and drawbacks. I hope this would help you to arrive at your final decision.
Benefits of Pole Mounting System
- Quick and easy installation process – pole mounting is one of the common types of solar installation due to its easier and quicker installation process that takes only a few hours.
- Maximize open space – if your property is near to unused open space, pole mounting can give you the leeway to make use of it in the most efficient way.
- Fewer restrictions and installation requirements- with pole mounting, there are fewer requirements on how and where you can install your solar power system. As long as you have a large open area, you can set up your solar panels easily.
- Equipped with an advanced tracking system – a pole mount solar installation also include a sun tracking system that will help you monitor whether your panels are getting enough sun exposure and maximum productivity throughout the day.
Drawbacks of Pole Mounting System
- Requires large vacant land space – pole mounting needs large open areas to install your solar panels. If you don’t have unused land space or living in a dense urban community then it would not fit your solar needs.
- Mostly restricted to some areas – Municipal bylaws and community homeowners associations sometimes limit the use of these solar installations due to their unsightly presence.
- Additional hardware – pole mount systems often require additional hardware, which adds up to the initial installation cost.
If you don’t want to damage your roof shingles by installing a solar panel system or you only want to supplement your roof-mounted system with additional solar panels for more capacity, then a pole mounting system is perfect for you. After all, investing in a pole-mounted solar system will generate a better ROI over time.