A brief look at Uruguay’s solar market aptitude
According to recent market statistics, Uruguay is a stone’s throw away from overtaking global renewable power market share leaders. The small Latin American nation has radically shifted from petroleum-based energy to solar over the last ten years. As of last year, the country’s overall installed solar capacity stood at approximately 248 Megawatts. This capacity accounts for 2% of the country’s total energy production.
Uruguay’s solar market prospects are likely to get better owing to the government’s overwhelming support. In 2013, the government of Uruguay drafted several laws aimed at supporting the solar sector. Such favorable regulations are the main driving factors behind the growth of Uruguay’s solar market. If current trends are anything to go by, Uruguay’s budding solar market is a treasure trove of opportunities for solar installers and other solar sector professionals.
Uruguay’s solar equipment production and supply capacity
There are a substantial number of local and foreign solar equipment suppliers working within Uruguay’s solar market. The most common products available in Uruguay include solar panels, solar inverters, and charge controllers, to name a few. As a leading e-commerce marketplace specializing in solar equipment, Solarfeeds is a one-stop solution to all your equipment needs in Uruguay. To save valuable time, go to our inquiry page and request a quote for your project.
Major ports and logistical infrastructure in Uruguay
Uruguay boasts of eight advanced ports that allow the movement of solar equipment from one market to another. Its logistics sector is also among one of the leading ones worldwide. Consequently, you don’t have to worry about transporting your equipment from the port to the project site if the need arises.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation