United Arab Emirates
Solar Market Outlook in United Arab Emirates
The favorable solar conditions in the Middle East region are part of the reason why there is a favorable outlook for the solar market industry in the United Arab Emirates. The combination of the sunny weather, cheap financing, supportive tax policies, and low labor costs contribute to lowering the cost of solar PV components in the United Arab Emirates and neighboring countries in the region.
Even prior to that, the United Arab Emirates has been at the forefront of clean energy efforts in the Gulf region. They even have ambitious targets in place for the renewable energy industry. The government is looking to obtain 50% capacity in solar power generation by 2050. Abu Dhabi, in particular, targets to achieve 5.6 GW of solar PV capacity in 2026. Meanwhile, Dubai projects 50% electric generation from renewable sources by 2050.
The largest solar power plant in the Middle East is located in Abu Dhabi. This is a 1.2 GW plant that has generated electricity since 2019. There is also another solar power plant project underway that is set to open in Abu Dhabi in the first quarter of 2022.
The collaboration between private entities and the UAE government (specifically the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company) is responsible for this steady growth.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in United Arab Emirates
There are a variety of suppliers and distributors of solar energy components in the United Arab Emirates. This provides a diverse array of options for anyone looking to switch to renewable energy solutions, whether individual or commercial.
Top 8 Major Seaports & Logistics in United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates has an abundance of commercial trading ports that facilitate trade and logistics activity. The top seaports in UAE include：
- Mina Khalid
- Khor Fakkan
- Mina Zayed in Abu Dhabi,
- Jebel Ali
- Mina Rashid in Dubai.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation