Solar Market Outlook in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia holds very high potential for tapping solar energy with its access to solar power facilities, massive areas of flat, and a favorable climate to generate solar power. However, this is not the case on the ground. In fact, solar power is responsible for only 0.5% of its total energy production (as of 2020). Oil and gas continue to lead the country’s energy sector.
Despite that, the government continues to push its effort to bring more projects to boost solar power production. There has been a steady arrival of foreign projects that have started or in the works. The Saudi Arabian government is also among the supporters of the plans to increase production of solar energy in the Middle East. Given the resources that are available in Saudi Arabia, it is easy to get local support and bring in investments in the region.
There is no clear projection as to the rate of development and growth in the country’s solar power industry. As it stands, Saudi Arabia has failed to live up to its potential.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Saudi Arabia
Majority of the solar power equipment that is installed and used in the country are from foreign suppliers and distributors. By the looks of it, this will be the case in the years to come.
Top Major Seaports & Logistics in Saudi Arabia
There are many ports serving Saudi Arabia to facilitate logistics and trade activity. These ports are as follows:
- Port of Duba,
- Jubail Commercial Port,
- Jeddah Islamic Port,
- Dhuba Bulk Plant Terminal,
- Dhiba Sea Port,
- Jizan Port,
- Port of Zuluf,
- Port of Ras al Mishab.
Solar Pole Mounts System
When it comes to solar panel installation mounting systems should be taken seriously and professionally. The mounting system should be appropriate for the solar photovoltaic system’s design and function. Besides, these installation processes provide the structural support that solar panels need to reach their optimum tilt. An improper mounting system can also affect the overall performance of the entire solar power system. Thus, it’s essential to understand the different types of solar mounting systems.
What is Pole Mounting System?
Pole mounting system is a type of ground-mounted solar installation that uses a pole to support solar PV panels. Unlike rooftop solar panel system installation, pole mounting systems are not required to fix solar panels at the roof shingles. If you don’t prefer to mount these panels to your roof, then using a pole mount for your PV system can be a good alternative.
The Pole mount system is quick and easy to install and can provide a good option to mount your solar panels beyond reach but are still off the ground and away from harmful elements. You can easily access them for angle adjustment and cleaning or maintenance purposes compared to the solar panels installed on your rooftop.
What are the Features of a Solar Pole Mount System?
Below are the common features of a standard solar pole system:
- Single-Pole- since your solar panels are elevated on a single pole for free stand support, you can easily mount them on most of the ground surfaces.
- Compact structure – solar pole mounting system has a compact structure, which is suitable for small quantities and capacities of PV modules. They are easy and quick to assemble ideal for a small power station.
- Adjustable angles – it has adjustable angles for maximizing the optimized power generation.
- Frame / frameless solar panels – you can use either of the two PV modules for a pole mounting system.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Pole Mounting System
To help you decide whether to choose a pole mounting system or not, we have listed here some of its benefits and drawbacks. I hope this would help you to arrive at your final decision.
Benefits of Pole Mounting System
- Quick and easy installation process – pole mounting is one of the common types of solar installation due to its easier and quicker installation process that takes only a few hours.
- Maximize open space – if your property is near to unused open space, pole mounting can give you the leeway to make use of it in the most efficient way.
- Fewer restrictions and installation requirements- with pole mounting, there are fewer requirements on how and where you can install your solar power system. As long as you have a large open area, you can set up your solar panels easily.
- Equipped with an advanced tracking system – a pole mount solar installation also include a sun tracking system that will help you monitor whether your panels are getting enough sun exposure and maximum productivity throughout the day.
Drawbacks of Pole Mounting System
- Requires large vacant land space – pole mounting needs large open areas to install your solar panels. If you don’t have unused land space or living in a dense urban community then it would not fit your solar needs.
- Mostly restricted to some areas – Municipal bylaws and community homeowners associations sometimes limit the use of these solar installations due to their unsightly presence.
- Additional hardware – pole mount systems often require additional hardware, which adds up to the initial installation cost.
If you don’t want to damage your roof shingles by installing a solar panel system or you only want to supplement your roof-mounted system with additional solar panels for more capacity, then a pole mounting system is perfect for you. After all, investing in a pole-mounted solar system will generate a better ROI over time.