Solar Market Outlook in Russia
There is a renewable energy drive going on in Russia right now and solar energy is leading the way for renewable sources. At the end of 2019, the country reached a PV capacity installation of 1.7 GW. This came as a result of the Russian government’s grid-connected projects that launched in 2014.
The Russian government tendered another 500 MW of solar capacity in 2020. This is just one part of the country’s continued effort to deploy solar energy systems and reach its target of 7 GW in solar energy by 2035.
In particular, the Russian government is accelerating its efforts at PV and solar installations in areas that are disconnected from the CSA grid. They believe that these areas have the highest potential for solar projects due to limited access to transport infrastructure and energy sources.
With full support from the Russian government through the enactment of the renewable energy law, it is expected that the renewable energy sector will create an attractive business environment. The Russian government is specifically looking to attract local and international clean energy investors, such as those willing to put up solar power plants in the country.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Russia
Russia is one of the top countries in terms of renewable energy production. It is one of the top producers in the EU and the rest of the world.
Therefore, there is a wide array of equipment suppliers and distributors in and out of Russia for those looking to make solar installations.
Top 8 Major Seaports & Logistics in Russia
For those looking to invest in solar power equipment, Russia is home to a vast logistics industry and they have several major seaports.
The major seaports in Russia are Saint Petersburg, Vladivostok, Novorossiyk, Kaliningrad, Sosnogorsk, Privolzhsky, Pavlovsk, and Pyatigorsk. The aforementioned are some of the busiest ports in Russia and in Europe.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation