Solar Market Outlook in Poland
Poland is considered as the solar market to watch in Europe. Needless to say, solar energy is becoming increasingly popular and in demand in Poland and it continues to boom.
The Institute for Renewable Energy in Poland reports that the country is experiencing a developmental boom in terms of the PV market. In fact, this country is the first one in the European Union based on the PV power growth rate, especially based on cumulative annual growth rate.
From 2016 to 2020, the growth rate of the solar power market is 114% (the EU average is only 10.3%). The PV market growth in Poland for 2020 nearly landed it in the top 10 in the world (it was ranked at 13).
The rapid growth of solar power in Poland puts it at 3.9 GW capacity as of 2021. It puts the country right on track to achieve its goal of 7.8 GW in solar capacity by 2025.
Based on the existing data and forecast trends, experts agree that Poland will hit 46% in annual solar capacity by 2024. This growth will be supported by the drop in prices of renewable energy in the country along with distributed energy technologies.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Poland
There is a huge array of options for solar power equipment suppliers and distributors in or outside of Poland. This makes it easy for residential and industrial installations of solar energy possible.
It is also part of the reason why there is a significant developmental boom in the country’s solar market.
Top 8 Major Seaports & Logistics in Poland
Poland has a thriving maritime port industry making it efficient for logistics company to handle goods and equipment in and out of Poland. The Port of Gdynia is the main seaport in Poland but there are a few other options too such as: Darlowo, Hel, Świnoujście, Władysławowo, Kołobrzeg, Gdansk, and Poznan.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation