Papua New Guinea
A brief assessment of the solar market in Papua New Guinea
An estimated 12% of Papua New Guinea’s population has access to on-grid electricity. The country’s power supply network is extensively unreliable, and blackouts are the order of the day. It relies heavily on oil and diesel, even though it has a huge potential for hydro and solar power generation.
Currently, 2.5 Megawatts worth of solar projects are underway across three solar plants in Papua New Guinea. Although on-grid solar lighting is a course for concern, the country has emerged as one of the world’s largest off-grid solar markets. To be precise, 60% of households in Papua New Guinea rely on off-grid solar for daily lighting needs.
The government of Papua New Guinea targets to electrify 70% of the country by 2030. There is no doubt that solar energy will play a critical role in the attainment of this goal. Therefore, solar installers and solar experts should expect vast opportunities in Papua New Guinea’s solar market.
Papua New Guinea’s solar equipment supply capacity
There are several reputable solar equipment suppliers in Papua New Guinea. Most of these companies seek to provide mobile lighting solutions and off-grid power. Fortunately, the Solarfeeds family has got you covered. Our e-commerce marketplace serves all solar installers and professionals by providing access to the world’s leading solar equipment brands. You can get competitive quotes just by placing a request via the website’s inquiry page. Is this not easier than roaming around requesting quotes?
It is also not difficult to import solar equipment to Papua New Guinea. The country boasts of an extensive network of seaports. A carefully selected logistics company can then deliver the equipment to the project site.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation