Solar Market Outlook in Panama
The National Energy Plan 2015-2020 of Panama has an ambitious target of making 70 percent of the country’s energy supply coming from a renewable source within a 35-year period. This plan is part of the country’s long-term roadmap towards increasing energy efficiency and reducing carbon emissions through its energy system.
The country has considered its renewable energy capacity and there are plenty of sources available. Therefore, they are not just looking at solar energy sources but others too like wind, geothermal, biomass, and hydropower.
In 2019, Panama has reached 500 MW in solar PV energy. This was a huge leap from the previous year’s 176 MW solar capacity. This solar capacity rate is expected to continue growing as more solar projects are granted licenses. One of the largest projects to date is that of a Spanish firm that is looking at investing in a solar farm.
Despite the positive outlook for the Panama solar market, there are undeniable challenges that the government is hoping to address. Among these challenges are the current power-market model (that favors conventional energy sources) and lack of flexibility measures.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Panama
There are many global suppliers and distributors of solar power equipment that are serving the Panama market. This is good news as the local solar power investments are still in its infancy stage. Therefore, residential and industrial segments looking to expand its solar installations will have enough options available.
Top 4 Major Seaports & Logistics in Panama
Panama has easy access to ports that facilitate logistics and handling of goods like solar power equipment from all over the globe. The list of the major seaports in Panama that facilitate handling of imported and exported goods include the ports in
- Panama City
- Colon, Balboa
Wholesale Solar Battery Charger
As the name suggests, a solar charger is a charger that employs solar energy to supply electricity to devices or batteries. It can usually charge lead-acid or Ni-Cd battery banks up to 48 V and hundreds of ampere-hours (up to 4000 Ah) capacity. Such type of solar charger setups generally uses an intelligent charge controller.
A series of solar cells are installed in a stationary location, such as rooftops of homes and base-station locations on the ground, and can be connected to a battery bank to store energy for off-peak usage. Additionally, they can also be used in addition to mains-supply chargers for energy saving during the daytime.
Common Types of Solar Battery Chargers
There are a lot of kinds of solar chargers as of right now. Some of the most common ones include:
- Small portable models designed to charge a range of different mobile phones and other portable electrical devices
- Fold-out models designed to sit on the dashboard of an automobile and plug into the cigar/12 V lighter socket to keep the battery topped up while the vehicle is not in use
- Flashlights, often combined with a secondary means of charging, such as a kinetic (hand crank generator) charging system
- Public solar chargers permanently installed in public places, such as parks, squares, and streets, which anyone can use for free
Why Use Solar Battery Chargers?
Generally speaking, solar applications do not need a dedicated battery charging unit because most off-grid inverters are equipped with built-in battery charging capabilities. That said, there are a few scenarios where solar chargers can be really beneficial. These scenarios can be as follows:
Recharge a battery bank that is not powered by solar (i.e. RV batteries, phone batteries, etc.).
Maintain the health of batteries that have not yet been installed (batteries will degrade if they are stored or sit too long between charges).
Help recover batteries that have been fully drained due to improper charge parameters or lack of maintenance.
How to Choose the Right Solar Charger?
Because of the fact that there are so many solar chargers available in the market right now, it can be difficult to choose a great one that will suit your needs. To help you in this dilemma, here are some specifics that you should look for when choosing the solar charger for your power requirements.
- Efficiency. An efficient battery charger harnesses solar energy quickly, so you don’t have to worry even if there is not enough sun.
- Size. Solar chargers come in a variety of sizes. However, if you need more power, you would understandably also need a bigger solar charger. Make sure that the size of the solar charger that you will choose corresponds to the amount of power that you need.
- Power. Typically, solar battery chargers have power between 2–18 volts. One thing you should bear in mind is that the ones with higher powers can be charged quickly, but the ones with lower powers don’t pose a risk to overpower your battery.
Why Buy Wholesale Battery Chargers for PV Systems from Us?
Our website lists solar battery chargers from reputable brands all over the world. As a result, you can expect that the solar battery chargers that we offer are of the best variety. They are characterized by higher efficiency, reliable power voltage, and a longer life span, thus giving them the ability to fulfill all your solar power needs.
If you want to buy battery chargers for PV systems at low wholesale prices, then go through our website to explore products with profitable deals. You can also choose to send in your query at [email protected]