An appraisal of the solar market in Pakistan
Pakistan is the 6th most populated nation globally, with an estimated population of 190 million people. In the last decade, the people of Pakistan have had to endure several challenges due to a severe energy crisis. This is pretty sad considering that the country has remarkable potential to remedy the situation by harnessing solar energy.
In 2020, Pakistan’s solar capacity stood at 33,000 megawatts, approximately 3% of the nation’s total energy production. However, things are looking up for Pakistan’s solar market since the federal government is keen to support the renewable energy sector. With the government’s continued support, Pakistan’s solar capacity will reach the 16 Gigawatts mark by 2047.
Can you make it in Pakistan’s solar market as a solar installer and professional?
Any shrewd and determined solar installer can make a killing in Pakistan’s solar market. In 2020, Prime Minister Mr. Imran Khan announced that his government plans to generate 60% of electricity from solar energy. To achieve this milestone, the government will need to install approximately 24 Gigawatts of solar capacity in collaboration with the private sector. You could land one of these lucrative projects if you play your cards right.
It is also worth noting that Pakistan enjoys an abundance of both local and foreign solar equipment distributors. It also has plenty of ports through which you can import locally unavailable solar equipment. Are you worried about Pakistan’s logistics and transport challenges?
Well, Pakistan’s transport and logistical infrastructure were indeed a cause for concern for a long time. However, the government has taken necessary measures to improve the situation. So, you can rest assured that imported solar equipment will reach your project site safely with the help of an experienced logistics company.
If you need to import some solar equipment, feel free to reach out to us through Solarfeed’s inquiry page. We guarantee quality and affordable merchandise across all the 50 solar equipment categories on our website. Essentially, Solarfeeds is the partner you’ve been hoping for.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation