A Snapshot of the Norwegian solar market
Norway is situated far north of the globe meaning it does not receive as much sunlight as most nations. A significant proportion of the country’s energy stems from hydro. Still, it has made huge strides in adopting solar energy even though its lunar resources are limited. According to a recent report, there is a considerable rise in public support for the Norwegian solar industry.
As of December 2019, Norway had a cumulative installed solar capacity of 120 Megawatts. This capacity came into being through the addition of 51 Megawatts, the highest added capacity in a single year. Commercial and industrial installations made up 60% of the additional solar capacity while residential installations came second with 35%.
Norway’s estimated installed solar capacity in 2020 was 152 Megawatts. This reveals that the Scandinavian country’s solar capacity is growing steadily along with its solar market. What does this mean for you as a solar installer? Well, lucrative opportunities tend to sprout up as any market continues to grow.
Solar equipment production and supply capacity in Norway
The Norwegian solar market enjoys a healthy presence of solar equipment manufacturers and distributors. They deal with the supply of solar panels and several other components. Do you need a trustworthy supplier for your current or next project?
If the answer is yes, consider yourself lucky because you are in the right place. Our website hosts several leading solar equipment suppliers. Please feel free to go to our inquiry page and request quotes. Rest assured that the Solarfeeds family has got your back.
Ports and logistics in Norway
Norway’s transport infrastructure is something to smile about. Apart from a highly competitive logistics and forwarding services sector, it has several freight ports. Some of the country’s major ports include;
- Port of Tromso
- Port of Narvik
- Port of Bodo
- Port of Bergen
- Port of Haugesund
- Port of Stavanger
- Port of Oslo
- · Port of Drammen
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation