Solar Market Outlook in Nicaragua
Nicaragua is constantly battered by extreme weather, which has forced the government to look into renewable sources as an alternative for energy production. The focus on renewable energy projects is part of a long-term plan for the government to counter the effects of climate change. Therefore, it is part of a broader discussion that will hopefully put solar power as one of the potential solutions.
There are other benefits to the continued push to make solar energy the primary source of power in the country: to reduce dependence on oil. Aside from solar energy, wind power is also currently being utilized in Nicaragua and is going through a phase of developmental boom.
While the primary reason for many investors delving into the renewable energy market is economically-motivated, it’s clear that the environmental benefits are set to follow. Therefore, the government is working closely with the private sector to boost the solar energy market in Nicaragua.
Currently, Nicaragua’s global emissions are one of the lowest at only 0.03 percent. The country is committed to reducing it further, especially as they joined the Paris Agreement.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Nicaragua
In Nicaragua, there is a good mix of local and global suppliers of solar power equipment. This has promoted more investors to put in solar power plants and production of other equipment for those looking to boost the solar installation capacity of the country.
Major Seaports & Logistics in Nicaragua
Puerto Corinto is the largest and busiest seaport in Nicaragua. It is the primary avenue for logistics and handling of goods for the distribution of solar equipment in the country.
There are a few other seaports that are available, too, such as the Port of Bluefields, Port of El Bluff, Port of Cabezas, Port of Sandino, Port of El Rama, and Port of San Juan del Sur.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation