Solar Market Outlook in the Netherlands
The Netherlands solar power market is one of the fastest growing solar markets in Europe. In 2020, it managed to deploy 2.93 GW of solar capacity and it marks a growth rate of 40%. This data pushed the cumulative figure of the country’s solar market to 10.11 GW. Since 2017, there has been consistent growth for the Dutch solar power market.
Majority of the solar power installations in 2020 were in the residential segment but the industrial and large-scale installations had their fair share, too.
Despite failing to meet its EU 2020 renewable energy target of 14% (the Netherlands is only 12.5% by 2020), the country is well on its way to making solar as its primary renewable energy source.
The Dutch government is promoting the solar market growth through national SDE+ auctions to provide greater financial incentives to investors. They are also making it happen through the Power Purchase Agreements.
The projected solar installation capacity in the Netherlands by 2050 is at 38 GW to 125 GW.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in the Netherlands
Solar panel companies are quite abundant in the Netherlands. There is also a growing number of renewable energy manufacturers in the country.
The Netherlands also has easy access to solar energy suppliers for the residential and industrial segments.
Top 8 Major Seaports & Logistics in the Netherlands
The Netherlands is one of the most important and largest seaports in Europe. It is also accessible to a wide range of logistics and passenger ports. This makes it easy to procure solar power equipment for those who wish to shift to renewable energy sources.
The top logistics and seaports in the Netherlands include the following ports: Port of Amsterdam, Port of Rotterdam, Port of Alkmaar, Port of Den Helder, Port of Breskens, Port of Dordrecht, Port of Harlingen, and Port of Moerdijk.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation