A breakdown of Nepal’s solar market
Nepal, a mountainous landlocked nation between China and India, has struggled with power shortages for several years. The country relies heavily on hydroelectric power, which, frankly, is not sufficient to serve the electricity needs. Consequently, the government is looking to exploit the nation’s solar potential to remedy the situation.
Nepal can potentially harness 2,920 Gigawatts per annum by utilizing 0.01% of its total land area. Thanks to Prime Commercial Bank’s solar financing efforts, this solar capacity target may become a reality sooner than you can imagine. As a result of the bank’s support, the government completed its first solar project in February 2021.
The project will add 10 Megawatts of energy to the nation’s power grid. Due to the success of Nepal’s initial solar project, the government plans to execute approximately 300 Megawatts of solar projects soon. This means that solar installers and professionals should expect vast opportunities in Nepal’s solar market soon.
Nepal’s solar equipment supply capacity
Even though Nepal’s solar market is at its initial stages of development, it boasts of 80 solar equipment distribution companies. Nepal’s supply chain’s leading solar equipment categories include solar panels, inverters, batteries, and solar water heaters. Nevertheless, equipment sales in Nepal are currently limited to individual households.
Still, you don’t need to worry if you need equipment for a large-scale solar project. Nepal has several ports that facilitate direct shipping of solar equipment from established solar markets such as China and the USA. Solarfeeds.com, a leading e-commerce marketplace, grants you access to leading solar equipment brands worldwide. Visit our website’s inquiry page and request a quote for your project. I guarantee that Solarfeeds offers the best deals when it comes to solar equipment.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation