Solar Market Outlook in Monaco
Monaco and its government is taking its environmental responsibilities seriously and they are taking measures to achieve its 2030 target of reaching 50% less GHG emissions. This figure is way more ambitious than the EU target that was cited in the Paris Agreement. In addition to that, Monaco has also set an ambitious target for carbon neutrality by 2050.
To make this happen, they have turned to renewable energy sources such as solar power. The National Green Fund is an initiative that was started to provide financial support for the country’s long-term climate action. Monaco is also investing in solar power through enabling the purchase of electric power plants that were powered by renewables.
Since 2005, Monaco has remained steadfast in its commitment to undergo sustainable development. It started with the installation of solar roofs in residential and commercial properties. Aside from installing solar panels on the roofs, Monaco has also used heat pumps in order to generate energy since 1960. Recently, the government is looking at utilizing tidal energy for power generation, too.
As of today, renewable energy is responsible for 24% of Monaco’s energy consumption and the government is committed to increasing that in the years to come.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Monaco
There is an abundance of solar roof panel suppliers and distributors in Monaco. For those looking for utility scale installations, you can also turn to global and online distributors.
Top 8 Major Seaports & Logistics in Monaco
The ports in Monaco play a vital role in the economy especially in trade and logistics. You can transport solar power equipment via the primary seaports in the country such as
- Port Hercule,
- Port Cap d’Ail,
- Port Fontvieille.
Solar Pole Mounts System
When it comes to solar panel installation mounting systems should be taken seriously and professionally. The mounting system should be appropriate for the solar photovoltaic system’s design and function. Besides, these installation processes provide the structural support that solar panels need to reach their optimum tilt. An improper mounting system can also affect the overall performance of the entire solar power system. Thus, it’s essential to understand the different types of solar mounting systems.
What is Pole Mounting System?
Pole mounting system is a type of ground-mounted solar installation that uses a pole to support solar PV panels. Unlike rooftop solar panel system installation, pole mounting systems are not required to fix solar panels at the roof shingles. If you don’t prefer to mount these panels to your roof, then using a pole mount for your PV system can be a good alternative.
The Pole mount system is quick and easy to install and can provide a good option to mount your solar panels beyond reach but are still off the ground and away from harmful elements. You can easily access them for angle adjustment and cleaning or maintenance purposes compared to the solar panels installed on your rooftop.
What are the Features of a Solar Pole Mount System?
Below are the common features of a standard solar pole system:
- Single-Pole- since your solar panels are elevated on a single pole for free stand support, you can easily mount them on most of the ground surfaces.
- Compact structure – solar pole mounting system has a compact structure, which is suitable for small quantities and capacities of PV modules. They are easy and quick to assemble ideal for a small power station.
- Adjustable angles – it has adjustable angles for maximizing the optimized power generation.
- Frame / frameless solar panels – you can use either of the two PV modules for a pole mounting system.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Pole Mounting System
To help you decide whether to choose a pole mounting system or not, we have listed here some of its benefits and drawbacks. I hope this would help you to arrive at your final decision.
Benefits of Pole Mounting System
- Quick and easy installation process – pole mounting is one of the common types of solar installation due to its easier and quicker installation process that takes only a few hours.
- Maximize open space – if your property is near to unused open space, pole mounting can give you the leeway to make use of it in the most efficient way.
- Fewer restrictions and installation requirements- with pole mounting, there are fewer requirements on how and where you can install your solar power system. As long as you have a large open area, you can set up your solar panels easily.
- Equipped with an advanced tracking system – a pole mount solar installation also include a sun tracking system that will help you monitor whether your panels are getting enough sun exposure and maximum productivity throughout the day.
Drawbacks of Pole Mounting System
- Requires large vacant land space – pole mounting needs large open areas to install your solar panels. If you don’t have unused land space or living in a dense urban community then it would not fit your solar needs.
- Mostly restricted to some areas – Municipal bylaws and community homeowners associations sometimes limit the use of these solar installations due to their unsightly presence.
- Additional hardware – pole mount systems often require additional hardware, which adds up to the initial installation cost.
If you don’t want to damage your roof shingles by installing a solar panel system or you only want to supplement your roof-mounted system with additional solar panels for more capacity, then a pole mounting system is perfect for you. After all, investing in a pole-mounted solar system will generate a better ROI over time.