Solar Market Outlook in Monaco
Monaco and its government is taking its environmental responsibilities seriously and they are taking measures to achieve its 2030 target of reaching 50% less GHG emissions. This figure is way more ambitious than the EU target that was cited in the Paris Agreement. In addition to that, Monaco has also set an ambitious target for carbon neutrality by 2050.
To make this happen, they have turned to renewable energy sources such as solar power. The National Green Fund is an initiative that was started to provide financial support for the country’s long-term climate action. Monaco is also investing in solar power through enabling the purchase of electric power plants that were powered by renewables.
Since 2005, Monaco has remained steadfast in its commitment to undergo sustainable development. It started with the installation of solar roofs in residential and commercial properties. Aside from installing solar panels on the roofs, Monaco has also used heat pumps in order to generate energy since 1960. Recently, the government is looking at utilizing tidal energy for power generation, too.
As of today, renewable energy is responsible for 24% of Monaco’s energy consumption and the government is committed to increasing that in the years to come.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Monaco
There is an abundance of solar roof panel suppliers and distributors in Monaco. For those looking for utility scale installations, you can also turn to global and online distributors.
Top 8 Major Seaports & Logistics in Monaco
The ports in Monaco play a vital role in the economy especially in trade and logistics. You can transport solar power equipment via the primary seaports in the country such as
- Port Hercule,
- Port Cap d’Ail,
- Port Fontvieille.
What Is a Hybrid Solar System?
As the name suggests, a hybrid solar system is a solar system that combines the best characteristics from both grid-tie and off-grid solar systems. In other words, a hybrid solar system generates power in the same way as a common grid-tie solar system but uses special hybrid inverters and batteries to store energy for later use. For this reason, hybrid solar systems are oftentimes described as off-grid solar with utility backup power or grid-tie solar with extra battery storage.
What Are the Advantages of a Hybrid Solar System?
Hybrid solar systems offer two primary advantages to their potential users. These advantages are as follows:
Hybrid solar systems are less expensive than off-grid solar systems. With this kind of solar system, it is not needed to have a backup generator, and the capacity of the battery bank can be downsized. Additionally, off-peak electricity from the utility is also cheaper than diesel.
The introduction of hybrid solar systems has opened up many interesting innovations. New inverters let homeowners take advantage of changes in the utility electricity rates throughout the day. Case in point: solar panels happen to output the most electrical power at noon — not long before the price of electricity peaks — but though that’s the case, the building can be programmed to consume power during off-peak hours (or from the solar panels). Long story short, smart solar such as the hybrid PV system holds a lot of promise.
What Are the Equipment Needed for Hybrid Solar Systems?
Typical hybrid solar systems have the following additional components:
- Solar Charge Controller. Solar charge controllers, also known as charge regulators or battery regulators, limit the rate of current being delivered to the battery bank and protect the batteries from overcharging.
- Battery Bank. As the name suggests, a battery bank is a group of batteries that are wired together.
- DC Disconnect Switch. AC and DC safety disconnects are required for all solar systems. But just like an off-grid solar system, a hybrid solar system requires one additional DC disconnect to be installed between the battery bank and the inverter. This is used to switch off the current flowing between these components. The DC disconnect switch is important for maintenance, troubleshooting, and protection against electrical fires.
- Battery-Based Grid-Tie Inverter. Hybrid solar systems utilize battery-based grid-tie inverters. These devices combine can draw electrical power to and from battery banks, as well as synchronize with the utility grid.
- Solar meter. Essentially, a solar meter is a device that is used to measure kWh production from a solar system. Solar meters collect PV yield production and local energy consumption to monitor and analyze PV plant performance.
Why Buy Wholesale Inverters for Hybrid PV Systems from Us?
Our website lists all sorts of inverters for hybrid PV systems from established and well-respected manufacturers and brands all over the world. As a result, you can expect that the hybrid solar inverters that we offer are of the best variety. They are characterized by numerous remarkable features, such as higher efficiency, sturdy construction, and a longer lifespan. In other words, all the hybrid solar inverters that we offer will undoubtedly have the ability to fulfill all your solar power needs.
If you want to buy inverters for hybrid PV systems at low wholesale prices, then go through our website to explore products with profitable deals. You can also choose to send in your query at [email protected]