Solar Market Outlook in Monaco
Monaco and its government is taking its environmental responsibilities seriously and they are taking measures to achieve its 2030 target of reaching 50% less GHG emissions. This figure is way more ambitious than the EU target that was cited in the Paris Agreement. In addition to that, Monaco has also set an ambitious target for carbon neutrality by 2050.
To make this happen, they have turned to renewable energy sources such as solar power. The National Green Fund is an initiative that was started to provide financial support for the country’s long-term climate action. Monaco is also investing in solar power through enabling the purchase of electric power plants that were powered by renewables.
Since 2005, Monaco has remained steadfast in its commitment to undergo sustainable development. It started with the installation of solar roofs in residential and commercial properties. Aside from installing solar panels on the roofs, Monaco has also used heat pumps in order to generate energy since 1960. Recently, the government is looking at utilizing tidal energy for power generation, too.
As of today, renewable energy is responsible for 24% of Monaco’s energy consumption and the government is committed to increasing that in the years to come.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Monaco
There is an abundance of solar roof panel suppliers and distributors in Monaco. For those looking for utility scale installations, you can also turn to global and online distributors.
Top 8 Major Seaports & Logistics in Monaco
The ports in Monaco play a vital role in the economy especially in trade and logistics. You can transport solar power equipment via the primary seaports in the country such as
- Port Hercule,
- Port Cap d’Ail,
- Port Fontvieille.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation