Solar market outlook in Martinique
The people of Martinique rely on electricity for several daily activities. A huge chunk of the Island’s power supply stems from fossil fuels. However, recent developments paint a picture of hope for its solar market.
Martinique boasts of a fleet of solar power plants that supply clean energy to its grid. The most recent statistics show that the Island’s installed solar capacity stood at 65 Megawatts at the end of 2018. Considering that the leadership of Martinique has intensified its renewable energy adoption efforts, this figure is most likely to have risen.
As for Martinique’s overall solar market outlook, I can confidently say that the future looks bright. The Island’s renewable energy sector enjoys several favorable policies and regulatory frameworks. Some of these favorable policies include feed-in-tariffs, tax reductions, and low-interest loan facilities, to name a few. In essence, Martinique’s solar market offers a wealth of opportunities for solar installers and other industry professionals.
Martinique’s solar equipment supply aptitude
Solar equipment production and supply in Martinique is still at an all-time low even though its solar sector is growing steadily. Nevertheless, you can easily import any solar equipment you may need from established markets such as China and the USA. At Solarfeeds, we give you access to some of the world’s leading solar equipment manufacturers and suppliers. Go to our inquiry page and request quotes instead of moving from place to place sourcing for them. Essentially, we help you to save time.
The Island’s ports and logistics support infrastructure
There is no shortage of ports and container terminals through which you can receive imported equipment in Martinique. The Island is also home to several dependable logistics and forwarding service providers. Therefore, it is pretty easy to deliver solar equipment to any project site in Martinique from any part of the world.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation