An Analysis of Malaysia’s solar market performance
Malaysia, one of the fastest-growing economies in South East Asia, is ranked 12th in the ease of doing business index. Has this elevated ranking had an impact on the country’s overall solar market performance? Well, Malaysia’s installed solar capacity stood at approximately 996 Megawatts at the end of 2020. This capacity is relatively low vis-à-vis the country’s actual solar production and supply potential.
However, studies show that Malaysia’s solar market is likely to grow fourfold due to increasing investor interest. So, it is safe to say the ease of doing business in Malaysia is beneficial to its solar market. Actually, a report by Fitch Solutions, a leading solar sector research organization, predicts that the country’s solar capacity is most likely to increase by 4 Gigawatts in the next ten years. This means that there are vast prospects for solar installers or professionals interested in the Malaysian solar market.
Malaysia’s capacity to supply solar equipment to solar installers and professionals
Any solar installer or professional can attest that accessing quality and affordable solar equipment is the key to any project’s success. This is why we must look at Malaysia’s solar equipment production and distribution capacity. Does the country have any solar equipment producers and distributors? Well, the response to this query is yes.
There are several producers and distributors of different solar equipment categories in Malaysia’s nascent solar market. You can also choose to export any solar equipment that may not be locally available. The country boasts of eight government-administered ports through which we can deliver various solar equipment to you.
It is also essential to remember that there is no shortage of logistical support infrastructure in Malaysia. So, you don’t have to bother yourself concerning how to safely transport your equipment from the port to the project site. The sole thing you need to do is visit our inquiry page and request a quote for the equipment you need.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation