Solar Market Outlook in North Macedonia
North Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, and its government are serious about shifting to a clean and renewable energy source to meet its energy demand. In fact, they have doubled their effort to transition to solar and renewables by boosting its installed energy production capacity. Their current goal is to generate 50% of its total energy production from renewables by 2024.
The renewable energy drive is a priority for Prime Minister Zoran Zaev. He has cited environmental protection and green development as part of his main priorities. The economy minister of Macedonia also believes that the energy sector in Macedonia will grow at a faster rate such that it is on track to meet its 2024 target.
In order to achieve this goal, they plan on adding more solar PV plants with a capacity of 400 MW. It’s not just solar energy they are focusing on, though, as there are also plans to build a wind farm. The long-term advantage of boosting solar power generation is that it will increase the country’s energy independence and stability of supply. In 2021, the Ministry of Economy in Macedonia has announced its plans to launch tenders in order to encourage more solar power PV plants to be installed throughout the country.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in North Macedonia
Macedonia does not have its own manufacturers and producers of solar power equipment. Therefore, most of the suppliers and distributors are based in foreign destinations or you can also search for them online.
Top Major Seaports & Logistics in Macedonia
Macedonia is home to various seaports that facilitate commercial, logistics, and trade activity. These ports are the best options to transport solar power equipment to Macedonia: Bitola, Lozovo, Veles, Prilep, and Gevgelija.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation