Solar Market Outlook in Luxembourg
Luxembourg is looking to capitalize on the momentum it has gained over the past few years in terms of solar energy production. In 2019, the Minister of Energy has opened tenders for the development of a solar power generator that is capable of producing 40 MW of solar power.
This project is distributed into five lots with 10 MW of solar generation for each. The government will also set a price ceiling for both industrial and non-industrial solar PV installations in order to encourage more developers to participate in the auction.
The International Renewable Energy Agency is responsible for developing policies and schemes that will boost the solar energy sector. Since 2019, the government has set incentives for small solar installations and they have looked into the possibility of feed-in tariffs for small PV systems. In 2019, renewable energy was able to meet 8% of Luxembourg’s total energy needs.
The growth rate is not steady in Luxembourg in terms of the solar energy installed and connected. As of 2019, the solar capacity is at 10MW. Meanwhile, the solar PV capacity per inhabitant in 2019 was at 229 MW per inhabitant. This statistic has shown a steady increase since 2013.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Luxembourg
Luxembourg lacks in terms of the local suppliers and distributors of solar equipment. However, there are plenty of global and online suppliers and distributors to choose from.
Top Major Seaports & Logistics in Luxembourg
There are plenty of ports that can be utilized for the trade and transport of solar power equipment in Luxembourg. These ports are
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation