Solar Market Outlook in Lithuania
The future of the solar power market in Lithuania is shaped by a wide range of factors such as feed-in tariff, availability of financing, incentives, and other key players. There are also factors that hinder the growth of the country’s solar power market including the uncertainty of large-scale developments, high capital expenditure, and increasing competition.
Despite the challenges and hurdles that are present, the Lithuanian government along with the Lithuanian Business Support Agency continues to support any step forward in the country’s solar energy sector. One of the major breakthroughs for the solar industry is the construction of a floating solar PV power plant. The construction of this facility cost $270,000 and is expected to produce 900 MW of power.
The first stage of the said project is set to be completed by the end of 2021. There are also more projects lined up to facilitate more solar power generation in the country that would be enough to power 120,000 households.
Since this floating power plant is the first of its kind in the region, the Lithuanian government is hoping that it will attract more investments in the solar power market.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Lithuania
The growth rate of the solar energy sector in Lithuania has been slow and steady. This is made possible by the availability of solar power equipment from international suppliers and distributors.
Top Major Seaports & Logistics in Lithuania
Its proximity to the Baltic Sea means that there are many ports serving Lithuania for the logistics and trade activity. The following ports serve as access points in the transport of solar power equipment:
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation