Solar Market Outlook in Jordan
The entire Middle East region is pivoting towards a greener future with its focus on harnessing renewable energy sources like solar. Jordan wants to sustain this momentum and the forecast is sunny for this country, well within the pace of its neighboring countries in the region. Jordan is different from its neighbors because it does not have access to the large gas and oil fields that many have. For this reason, it imports most of the energy that it consumes.
Sunshine is not one of those resources that is lacking in Jordan, however. This is why the government is hoping to make the most of the sun – specifically 330 days of sunshine per year.
The solar energy potential is bright in Jordan. The government has decided to diversify its energy generation capacity in order to sustain the demand for electricity domestically and reduce the need to import.
The Jordan government is working with the IFC to generate financing for the construction of more solar power plants. If the solar plant projects push through, it will give the residents access to more affordable energy. The partnership with IFC is just the latest in a string of deals that the government has struck in an effort to boost renewable energy capacity. As of 2020, Jordan’s solar energy capacity accounts for 20% of the country’s power mix – and that’s significant.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Jordan
Jordan is not able to manufacture its own solar equipment and accessories. Therefore, it depends largely on importing and global suppliers and distributors for solar energy accessories.
Top Major Seaports & Logistics in Jordan
Jordan has plenty of logistics and trade ports that give it connection with other countries in terms of the shipping and distribution of solar power equipment. Among these ports are
- Karak Joqar,
- As Safi Joasf,
- the Aqaba Free Zone.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation