An Analysis of Jamaica’s budding solar market
Are you a solar installer or a professional in the solar sector? Do you intend to invest your time and finances in Jamaica’s nascent solar market? I can confidently tell you that you will be making a wise choice if you decide to pursue affluence in Jamaica. The Caribbean Island nation’s government has supported its solar market since 2012.
Currently, a huge percentage of Jamaica’s energy supply stems from fossil fuels. However, the government has intensified its efforts to promote the adoption of solar and other forms of renewable energy. Recently, Jamaica’s Prime Minister announced that his government is planning to commission several solar projects.
These projects are meant to help the country attain its target of a 20% renewable energy mix by 2030. Also, the government plans to revise its national energy policy to encourage private sector involvement in solar energy adoption. Essentially, you stand a chance of making it big in this market if you play your cards right.
Jamaica’s solar equipment production and supply capacity
There are several solar equipment manufacturers and suppliers operating within the Jamaican market. However, Solarfeeds is your best option when it comes to solar equipment procurement. As a leading e-commerce marketplace for solar equipment, we grant you access to some of the world’s leading brands. If you are looking for quality and affordable equipment, we are your go-to partner. Just visit our inquiry page and place a request for quotes.
Ports and logistics services in Jamaica
Jamaica has several sea ports. Consequently, you will not find it challenging to import quality solar equipment if the need arises. Once the equipment arrives at the port, you can safely deliver it to the project site using any of Jamaica’s leading logistics companies.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation