Solar Market Outlook in Iraq
For many years now, Iraq has been solid in its commitment in clean energy by attracting investors in solar equipment and power plants. In terms of renewable energy sources, the majority of them are dedicated to solar energy and are favorable for the country given that it receives a large amount of sunlight per year in most of its regions.
As of 2021, Iraq has reached various deals with private sectors in order to continue rolling out its solar projects and meet its renewable energy target in the next few years. One of them is the June 2021 deal with Abu Dhabi’s Masdar (also known as the Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company) wherein a 2 GW solar energy plant will be constructed. This project will cost approximately $1 Billion. This is just one of many steps that Iraq has taken in order to curb its reliance on traditional energy sources, diversify its energy mix, and to reduce carbon emissions. The last one – reducing pollution – is a strong motivator for the Iraqi government given that the country ranks 12th in the world in terms of pollution.
TotalEnergies from France is also set to build a 1GW solar park in Southern Iraq. This was announced in September 2021 and the project will cost $27 Billion.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Iraq
Despite the promising future of the solar market in Iraq, there is a limited number of local suppliers and distributors. There is no shortage of global and online distributors and suppliers for those who want to switch to solar energy in Iraq.
Top Major Seaports & Logistics in Iraq
There are plenty of seaports in Iraq for the trade and transport of solar power equipment namely
- the Port of Basrah,
- Port of Khor Al Zubair,
- Port of Umm Qasr,
- the Port of Mina Al Bakr.
Wholesale Solar Battery Charger
As the name suggests, a solar charger is a charger that employs solar energy to supply electricity to devices or batteries. It can usually charge lead-acid or Ni-Cd battery banks up to 48 V and hundreds of ampere-hours (up to 4000 Ah) capacity. Such type of solar charger setups generally uses an intelligent charge controller.
A series of solar cells are installed in a stationary location, such as rooftops of homes and base-station locations on the ground, and can be connected to a battery bank to store energy for off-peak usage. Additionally, they can also be used in addition to mains-supply chargers for energy saving during the daytime.
Common Types of Solar Battery Chargers
There are a lot of kinds of solar chargers as of right now. Some of the most common ones include:
- Small portable models designed to charge a range of different mobile phones and other portable electrical devices
- Fold-out models designed to sit on the dashboard of an automobile and plug into the cigar/12 V lighter socket to keep the battery topped up while the vehicle is not in use
- Flashlights, often combined with a secondary means of charging, such as a kinetic (hand crank generator) charging system
- Public solar chargers permanently installed in public places, such as parks, squares, and streets, which anyone can use for free
Why Use Solar Battery Chargers?
Generally speaking, solar applications do not need a dedicated battery charging unit because most off-grid inverters are equipped with built-in battery charging capabilities. That said, there are a few scenarios where solar chargers can be really beneficial. These scenarios can be as follows:
Recharge a battery bank that is not powered by solar (i.e. RV batteries, phone batteries, etc.).
Maintain the health of batteries that have not yet been installed (batteries will degrade if they are stored or sit too long between charges).
Help recover batteries that have been fully drained due to improper charge parameters or lack of maintenance.
How to Choose the Right Solar Charger?
Because of the fact that there are so many solar chargers available in the market right now, it can be difficult to choose a great one that will suit your needs. To help you in this dilemma, here are some specifics that you should look for when choosing the solar charger for your power requirements.
- Efficiency. An efficient battery charger harnesses solar energy quickly, so you don’t have to worry even if there is not enough sun.
- Size. Solar chargers come in a variety of sizes. However, if you need more power, you would understandably also need a bigger solar charger. Make sure that the size of the solar charger that you will choose corresponds to the amount of power that you need.
- Power. Typically, solar battery chargers have power between 2–18 volts. One thing you should bear in mind is that the ones with higher powers can be charged quickly, but the ones with lower powers don’t pose a risk to overpower your battery.
Why Buy Wholesale Battery Chargers for PV Systems from Us?
Our website lists solar battery chargers from reputable brands all over the world. As a result, you can expect that the solar battery chargers that we offer are of the best variety. They are characterized by higher efficiency, reliable power voltage, and a longer life span, thus giving them the ability to fulfill all your solar power needs.
If you want to buy battery chargers for PV systems at low wholesale prices, then go through our website to explore products with profitable deals. You can also choose to send in your query at [email protected]