Brief scrutiny of Hong Kong solar market
Most people tend to attach Hong Kong to Mainland China. However, the relationship between the two is pretty complex. Essentially, Hong Kong enjoys executive, legislative and judicial independence. Therefore, its solar market is different from the Mainland China market. The independent city hopes to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050. Sadly, renewable energy accounts for 0.2% of the total electric energy consumption.
The most recent publicly available data puts Hong Kong’s solar capacity at approximately 4 megawatts. However, due to recent collaborations with Mainland China, things are looking up for Hong Kong’s solar market. A current forecast predicts that solar energy will account for at least 46% of the total energy consumption in 2050.
This forecast is based on recent developments in Hong Kong’s solar market. To be precise, the total solar capacity in Hong Kong could reach approximately 4500 Gigawatts in the next three decades. In essence, the city’s solar market offers countless opportunities for solar installers and professionals as we look to the future.
Solar Equipment supply aptitude in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is an internationally renowned business center and financial hub. Consequently, it enjoys several ports, logistical infrastructure, and countless solar equipment manufacturers and distributors that you could choose to work with. Does this mean you have to move from place to place requesting quotes from prospective suppliers in the Hong Kong area?
It is unnecessary to endure all that trouble because Solarfeeds has got you covered. Kindly visit our website’s inquiry page and request a quote. Our dedicated team of support staff will get back to you sooner than you can imagine.
Wholesale Solar Battery Charger
As the name suggests, a solar charger is a charger that employs solar energy to supply electricity to devices or batteries. It can usually charge lead-acid or Ni-Cd battery banks up to 48 V and hundreds of ampere-hours (up to 4000 Ah) capacity. Such type of solar charger setups generally uses an intelligent charge controller.
A series of solar cells are installed in a stationary location, such as rooftops of homes and base-station locations on the ground, and can be connected to a battery bank to store energy for off-peak usage. Additionally, they can also be used in addition to mains-supply chargers for energy saving during the daytime.
Common Types of Solar Battery Chargers
There are a lot of kinds of solar chargers as of right now. Some of the most common ones include:
- Small portable models designed to charge a range of different mobile phones and other portable electrical devices
- Fold-out models designed to sit on the dashboard of an automobile and plug into the cigar/12 V lighter socket to keep the battery topped up while the vehicle is not in use
- Flashlights, often combined with a secondary means of charging, such as a kinetic (hand crank generator) charging system
- Public solar chargers permanently installed in public places, such as parks, squares, and streets, which anyone can use for free
Why Use Solar Battery Chargers?
Generally speaking, solar applications do not need a dedicated battery charging unit because most off-grid inverters are equipped with built-in battery charging capabilities. That said, there are a few scenarios where solar chargers can be really beneficial. These scenarios can be as follows:
Recharge a battery bank that is not powered by solar (i.e. RV batteries, phone batteries, etc.).
Maintain the health of batteries that have not yet been installed (batteries will degrade if they are stored or sit too long between charges).
Help recover batteries that have been fully drained due to improper charge parameters or lack of maintenance.
How to Choose the Right Solar Charger?
Because of the fact that there are so many solar chargers available in the market right now, it can be difficult to choose a great one that will suit your needs. To help you in this dilemma, here are some specifics that you should look for when choosing the solar charger for your power requirements.
- Efficiency. An efficient battery charger harnesses solar energy quickly, so you don’t have to worry even if there is not enough sun.
- Size. Solar chargers come in a variety of sizes. However, if you need more power, you would understandably also need a bigger solar charger. Make sure that the size of the solar charger that you will choose corresponds to the amount of power that you need.
- Power. Typically, solar battery chargers have power between 2–18 volts. One thing you should bear in mind is that the ones with higher powers can be charged quickly, but the ones with lower powers don’t pose a risk to overpower your battery.
Why Buy Wholesale Battery Chargers for PV Systems from Us?
Our website lists solar battery chargers from reputable brands all over the world. As a result, you can expect that the solar battery chargers that we offer are of the best variety. They are characterized by higher efficiency, reliable power voltage, and a longer life span, thus giving them the ability to fulfill all your solar power needs.
If you want to buy battery chargers for PV systems at low wholesale prices, then go through our website to explore products with profitable deals. You can also choose to send in your query at [email protected]