Solar Market Outlook in Honduras
Honduras is emerging as the first major success story in Central America’s solar energy market. In fact, it earns the distinction as the first one in the region to attain 10% solar production in its energy industry.
In 2016, the state power energy company ENEE cited that 10.2% of the nation’s electrical system was generated from solar sources, specifically through PV power plants. This is a major breakthrough since Honduras becomes the first non-island nation to exceed the 10% mark in terms of solar energy production.
Honduras also leads other Central American nations in terms of the amount of installed PV capacity and is only second to Chile in all of Latin America. This energy revolution is spurring more development in Honduras and there are many investors hoping to take advantage of the photovoltaic boom in the country. With that said, the private sector has a lot to contribute to the growth of the solar energy market, especially after one plastic recycling company decided to install its solar panels to generate its own electricity.
The forecast is good for the country as solar energy experts believe that the current growth rate is only going to attract more solar investors and manufacturers to the country. Even though the private sector is getting a lot of recognition for this growth, these results are also part of the decades-long effort by the government to push the utilization of renewable energy sources.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Honduras
As one of the leaders in Central America’s drive to promote solar energy, there are a variety of options when it comes to solar energy equipment suppliers in Honduras.
Even then, there are plenty of options for those who wish to import solar energy equipment, components, and other parts for PV and other solar installations.
Top 6 Major Seaports & Logistics in Honduras
The logistics and goods handling capability of Honduras is quite impressive. It has plenty of domestic and international seaports that facilitate transport of essential goods and solar equipment for those who are interested.
These top seaports are as follows:
- Port of Puerto Cortes,
- Port of Tela,
- Port of Puerto Castilla,
- Port of La Ceiba,
- Port of San Lorenzo
- Port of Puerto Coxen Hole.
What Is a Hybrid Solar System?
As the name suggests, a hybrid solar system is a solar system that combines the best characteristics from both grid-tie and off-grid solar systems. In other words, a hybrid solar system generates power in the same way as a common grid-tie solar system but uses special hybrid inverters and batteries to store energy for later use. For this reason, hybrid solar systems are oftentimes described as off-grid solar with utility backup power or grid-tie solar with extra battery storage.
What Are the Advantages of a Hybrid Solar System?
Hybrid solar systems offer two primary advantages to their potential users. These advantages are as follows:
Hybrid solar systems are less expensive than off-grid solar systems. With this kind of solar system, it is not needed to have a backup generator, and the capacity of the battery bank can be downsized. Additionally, off-peak electricity from the utility is also cheaper than diesel.
The introduction of hybrid solar systems has opened up many interesting innovations. New inverters let homeowners take advantage of changes in the utility electricity rates throughout the day. Case in point: solar panels happen to output the most electrical power at noon — not long before the price of electricity peaks — but though that’s the case, the building can be programmed to consume power during off-peak hours (or from the solar panels). Long story short, smart solar such as the hybrid PV system holds a lot of promise.
What Are the Equipment Needed for Hybrid Solar Systems?
Typical hybrid solar systems have the following additional components:
- Solar Charge Controller. Solar charge controllers, also known as charge regulators or battery regulators, limit the rate of current being delivered to the battery bank and protect the batteries from overcharging.
- Battery Bank. As the name suggests, a battery bank is a group of batteries that are wired together.
- DC Disconnect Switch. AC and DC safety disconnects are required for all solar systems. But just like an off-grid solar system, a hybrid solar system requires one additional DC disconnect to be installed between the battery bank and the inverter. This is used to switch off the current flowing between these components. The DC disconnect switch is important for maintenance, troubleshooting, and protection against electrical fires.
- Battery-Based Grid-Tie Inverter. Hybrid solar systems utilize battery-based grid-tie inverters. These devices combine can draw electrical power to and from battery banks, as well as synchronize with the utility grid.
- Solar meter. Essentially, a solar meter is a device that is used to measure kWh production from a solar system. Solar meters collect PV yield production and local energy consumption to monitor and analyze PV plant performance.
Why Buy Wholesale Inverters for Hybrid PV Systems from Us?
Our website lists all sorts of inverters for hybrid PV systems from established and well-respected manufacturers and brands all over the world. As a result, you can expect that the hybrid solar inverters that we offer are of the best variety. They are characterized by numerous remarkable features, such as higher efficiency, sturdy construction, and a longer lifespan. In other words, all the hybrid solar inverters that we offer will undoubtedly have the ability to fulfill all your solar power needs.
If you want to buy inverters for hybrid PV systems at low wholesale prices, then go through our website to explore products with profitable deals. You can also choose to send in your query at [email protected]