Solar Market Outlook in Honduras
Honduras is emerging as the first major success story in Central America’s solar energy market. In fact, it earns the distinction as the first one in the region to attain 10% solar production in its energy industry.
In 2016, the state power energy company ENEE cited that 10.2% of the nation’s electrical system was generated from solar sources, specifically through PV power plants. This is a major breakthrough since Honduras becomes the first non-island nation to exceed the 10% mark in terms of solar energy production.
Honduras also leads other Central American nations in terms of the amount of installed PV capacity and is only second to Chile in all of Latin America. This energy revolution is spurring more development in Honduras and there are many investors hoping to take advantage of the photovoltaic boom in the country. With that said, the private sector has a lot to contribute to the growth of the solar energy market, especially after one plastic recycling company decided to install its solar panels to generate its own electricity.
The forecast is good for the country as solar energy experts believe that the current growth rate is only going to attract more solar investors and manufacturers to the country. Even though the private sector is getting a lot of recognition for this growth, these results are also part of the decades-long effort by the government to push the utilization of renewable energy sources.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Honduras
As one of the leaders in Central America’s drive to promote solar energy, there are a variety of options when it comes to solar energy equipment suppliers in Honduras.
Even then, there are plenty of options for those who wish to import solar energy equipment, components, and other parts for PV and other solar installations.
Top 6 Major Seaports & Logistics in Honduras
The logistics and goods handling capability of Honduras is quite impressive. It has plenty of domestic and international seaports that facilitate transport of essential goods and solar equipment for those who are interested.
These top seaports are as follows:
- Port of Puerto Cortes,
- Port of Tela,
- Port of Puerto Castilla,
- Port of La Ceiba,
- Port of San Lorenzo
- Port of Puerto Coxen Hole.
Wholesale Solar Battery Charger
As the name suggests, a solar charger is a charger that employs solar energy to supply electricity to devices or batteries. It can usually charge lead-acid or Ni-Cd battery banks up to 48 V and hundreds of ampere-hours (up to 4000 Ah) capacity. Such type of solar charger setups generally uses an intelligent charge controller.
A series of solar cells are installed in a stationary location, such as rooftops of homes and base-station locations on the ground, and can be connected to a battery bank to store energy for off-peak usage. Additionally, they can also be used in addition to mains-supply chargers for energy saving during the daytime.
Common Types of Solar Battery Chargers
There are a lot of kinds of solar chargers as of right now. Some of the most common ones include:
- Small portable models designed to charge a range of different mobile phones and other portable electrical devices
- Fold-out models designed to sit on the dashboard of an automobile and plug into the cigar/12 V lighter socket to keep the battery topped up while the vehicle is not in use
- Flashlights, often combined with a secondary means of charging, such as a kinetic (hand crank generator) charging system
- Public solar chargers permanently installed in public places, such as parks, squares, and streets, which anyone can use for free
Why Use Solar Battery Chargers?
Generally speaking, solar applications do not need a dedicated battery charging unit because most off-grid inverters are equipped with built-in battery charging capabilities. That said, there are a few scenarios where solar chargers can be really beneficial. These scenarios can be as follows:
Recharge a battery bank that is not powered by solar (i.e. RV batteries, phone batteries, etc.).
Maintain the health of batteries that have not yet been installed (batteries will degrade if they are stored or sit too long between charges).
Help recover batteries that have been fully drained due to improper charge parameters or lack of maintenance.
How to Choose the Right Solar Charger?
Because of the fact that there are so many solar chargers available in the market right now, it can be difficult to choose a great one that will suit your needs. To help you in this dilemma, here are some specifics that you should look for when choosing the solar charger for your power requirements.
- Efficiency. An efficient battery charger harnesses solar energy quickly, so you don’t have to worry even if there is not enough sun.
- Size. Solar chargers come in a variety of sizes. However, if you need more power, you would understandably also need a bigger solar charger. Make sure that the size of the solar charger that you will choose corresponds to the amount of power that you need.
- Power. Typically, solar battery chargers have power between 2–18 volts. One thing you should bear in mind is that the ones with higher powers can be charged quickly, but the ones with lower powers don’t pose a risk to overpower your battery.
Why Buy Wholesale Battery Chargers for PV Systems from Us?
Our website lists solar battery chargers from reputable brands all over the world. As a result, you can expect that the solar battery chargers that we offer are of the best variety. They are characterized by higher efficiency, reliable power voltage, and a longer life span, thus giving them the ability to fulfill all your solar power needs.
If you want to buy battery chargers for PV systems at low wholesale prices, then go through our website to explore products with profitable deals. You can also choose to send in your query at [email protected]