A snapshot of Haiti’s solar market
For a long time, Haiti has struggled to generate and distribute electric energy to its citizens. A significant proportion of its energy supply stems from imported fossil fuels. However, everything is about to take a turn for the better especially, the country’s solar energy sector. Why do I think so?
Well, the government of Haiti started exploring alternative sources of energy a couple of years ago. Solar is swiftly emerging as the Island’s most reliable energy source. According to recent statistics, most Haitians are increasingly investing in off-grid solar installations to power their homes and commercial establishments. These sprouting rooftop photovoltaic projects have given a new lease of life to Haiti’s emerging solar market. They also create reasonable opportunities for ambitious solar installers and other photovoltaic sector professionals.
It is also worth noting that Haiti’s president recently announced to issue tenders for 190 Megawatts of solar generation capacity. According to pundits, these ground-mounted solar projects will cost the government of Haiti approximately $65 million. If you play your cards right, you may earn a percentage of this money or land a lucrative off-grid solar project in Haiti.
Solar Equipment production and supply aptitude in Haiti
Haiti’s solar market is still at the initial stages of growth. Surprisingly, it enjoys a good presence of solar equipment suppliers dealing in many equipment options, including solar panels and inverters. Still, Solarfeeds is your best bet if you are searching for a reliable supply partner in Haiti. We not only offer access to quality and affordable solar equipment but also assist you in conserving time. A simple request via our website’s inquiry page brings all the quotes you need to you.
Ports and logistics in Haiti
Ports and dependable logistics services play a crucial role in emerging solar markets. Well, Haiti has access to both of them. The Island nation boasts of three sea ports and an advanced and reliable logistics and forwarding services sector.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation