Brief scrutiny of Guatemala’s budding solar market
Guatemala is the second-largest power market in Central America. The country’s overall energy capacity is quite impressive. Nonetheless, the government of Guatemala has been working on improving installed solar capacity.
As of 2017, the Central American nation had a total installed solar capacity of 99 Megawatts. This was a massive achievement for the country, considering that in 2010, its total installed capacity was only 1 Megawatt. There are no recent statistics concerning Guatemala’s solar capacity in 2021. However, studies show that the solar market has continued to grow steadily.
Currently, most people residing in Guatemala’s rural areas use rooftop photovoltaic panels to power their homes. Off-grid solar projects, especially those in rural Guatemala, enjoy lots of support from non-profit organizations and institutions. If this support continues to grow, solar installers and other photovoltaic professionals should expect limitless opportunities in Guatemala’s budding solar market.
Guatemala’s solar equipment manufacturing and supply capacity
There are several local and foreign solar equipment manufacturers and suppliers serving the Guatemalan solar market. Solar panels and batteries are the most common equipment available in this nascent solar market. Still, you don’t necessarily have to move from place to place requesting quotes if you need a solar equipment supplier.
Solarfeeds.com, home to several leading equipment suppliers that serve the Guatemalan market, offers a convenient alternative. Just go to our inquiry page and request quotes. We will get back to you with exciting quotes faster than you can imagine.
Ports and logistics in Guatemala
Guatemala boasts of a total of 5 ports located on the Pacific and the Atlantic sides. Apart from that, it is endowed with good transport infrastructure. Fundamentally, the country has everything you need if you decide to import solar equipment from established overseas markets.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation