Solar Market Outlook in Estonia
Estonia is one of the largest emitters of carbon dioxide per capita in the Baltic region and in the European Union. For centuries, its reliance on burning oil shale for electric production also means that it has one of the worst carbon footprints in the world. This is why the Estonian government has made a bold step towards reversing all of the environmental impact it has caused by focusing on renewable energy sources.
Despite its carbon footprint in the past, Estonia has managed to generate 107 MW of solar PV capacity (as of 2019). This is only the beginning as there are more solar deployments being planned as part of the new policy that was enforced by the Estonian government to boost development of solar and other renewable energy sources.
To help this boom, the government has lowered the import price of solar PVs and equipment to make solar panels more accessible. Right now, most of the installations in Estonia are small-scale but the officials believe that this is a small step towards the right direction.
Currently, there is no information available yet if the Estonian government plans on holding any auctions to increase solar investments in the country.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Estonia
The clean energy campaign is only getting started in Estonia. As such, there are limited options when it comes to the solar manufacturers and suppliers. But this is expected to change soon as more policies are implemented to encourage solar investments.
Top 8 Major Seaports & Logistics in Estonia
The logistics and trade involving solar equipment and components in Estonia is not as busy as other European Union nations. Nonetheless, there are plenty of seaports that can facilitate should there be a growth in demand. A few examples would be via the major seaports in Estonia such as
- Port of Tallinn,
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation