A brief review of Costa Rica’s solar market outlook
Costa Rica, a Central American country, has achieved impressive renewable energy capacity in recent years. In 2019, the nation’s renewable energy share hit 99.15%. Looking at this renewable energy share capacity, one may assume that its solar capacity is equally impressive. Unfortunately, that assumption is inaccurate.
Solar market share statistics revealed that Costa Rica’s installed solar capacity stood at 5.4 Megawatts at the end of 2019. This figure accounts for only 0.08% of the Central American nation’s cumulative energy capacity. Any solar expert will agree that this is a severe course for concern.
However, things are looking up for Costa Rica’s nascent solar market. In June 2021, the Costa Rican government commenced bids for a large-scale photovoltaic project to power two municipalities. This move indicates a newly-found desire to support and build the Central American country’s emerging solar market. Looking forward, solar installers and other photovoltaic professionals should expect limitless opportunities in Costa Rica’s emerging solar market.
Solar equipment production and supply capability in Costa Rica
As I mentioned above, Costa Rica is an emerging solar market. Still, the nation’s solar equipment production and supply capability is something to smile about. Several equipment manufacturers and distributors serve the nascent Costa Rican solar market. Do you need a trustworthy equipment supplier?
If the answer is yes, the Solarfeeds family has got you covered. Our website gives you access to leading solar equipment manufacturers serving Costa Rica. The sole task you need to undertake is going to the website’s inquiry page and request quotes.
Costa Rica’s ports and logistics services
Before venturing into any solar market, you must first consider the ease of accessing equipment. This means you must be able to import equipment if the need arises. Well, Costa Rica boasts of several sea ports that allow entry of goods from overseas markets. The country also has a healthy logistics services network that permits the safe transportation of equipment locally.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation