Colombia’s solar market outlook
The Republic of Colombia is among the leading proponents of renewable energy in the South American region. As of September 2018, the country’s approximate installed solar capacity was only 20 Megawatts. Two years down the line, its installed photovoltaic capacity is approximately 80 Megawatts. This growth stint is something to smile about if you are a solar installer or professional eyeing Colombia’s budding solar market.
Looking forward, Colombia is set to become of the most lucrative solar markets in Latin America. This prediction is based on several factors, including the government’s support for the solar sector, tax incentives, and upcoming auctions. It is also essential to note that the government of Columbia is not the only entity pushing for the growth of the country’s solar market.
Energy end-users, investors and electricity providers are looking into solar projects as highly lucrative investments. Are you a solar installer or any other photovoltaic professional looking for opportunities in Latin America? I can assure you that Colombia’s nascent solar market is your best bet.
Solar equipment production and supply capacity in Colombia
There are several local and foreign solar equipment suppliers serving Colombia’s budding solar market. Some of the equipment in Chile include solar panels, inverters, and charge controllers, to name a few. Do you want a solar equipment supplier for your project?
If the answer is yes, you are in the right place. Solarfeeds is home to leading solar equipment suppliers. Go to our website’s inquiry page and send us a request for quotes. We will get back to you faster than you can imagine.
Ports and logistics services in Colombia
The presence of ports and access to reliable logistics services often determine the ease of carrying out projects in a particular market. Well, Colombia boasts of 11 major ports and an advanced logistics services sector. Essentially, you have everything you need to complete your project in time and move on to the next one.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation