Chile’s solar market outlook
Chile is one of the fastest-growing markets in the world, according to recent global solar market statistics. The country’s installed solar capacity has tripled over the last five years. As of March 2021, the cumulative solar installed capacity stood at 4.6 Gigawatts. Utility-scale installations account for most of the South American Nation’s photovoltaic installed capacity.
Currently, several utility-scale solar projects are in various stages of development across different regions in Chile. The government has implemented several favorable regulations to encourage investment in rooftop solar installations, which currently stand at 167 Megawatts. If current developments are anything to go by, the Chilean solar market will continue to grow steadily.
Are you a solar installer or a professional looking for opportunities in the solar market? I can assure you that Chile is currently one of the most lucrative markets in the world for any expert in the photovoltaic arena. A little wisdom and business acumen can unlock a treasure trove of opportunities in this budding solar market.
Solar equipment production and supply capacity in Chile
There are several solar equipment manufacturers and suppliers in Chile dealing with solar panels, inverters, and batteries, to name a few. Do you need a solar equipment supplier? Solarfeeds.com is a one-stop solution to all your solar equipment needs in Chile. Instead of traversing the country requesting quotes, please navigate to our inquiry page and tell us what you need. We got you covered.
Ports and Logistics in Chile
Chile boasts of five major container ports that facilitate the movement of equipment from one market to another. So, you can order solar equipment for your project from overseas suppliers if the need arises. Thanks to Chile’s advanced logistics support infrastructure, it is easy to transport any equipment from the port to the project site.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation