Caribbean Netherlands’s solar market outlook
The Caribbean Netherlands, comprising three islands, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, is a trailblazer in renewable energy consumption. In 2018, this special municipality of the Netherlands met nearly half its overall power demands using solar energy. The source of this energy was the 4.1 Megawatts solar plant situated on the Island of Sint Eustatius.
Currently, no definitive statistics are showing the overall installed solar capacity in the Caribbean Netherlands. Nevertheless, the future of this budding solar market looks bright owing to a recent scale-up of support for solar energy production. Essentially, the Island’s administration has implemented several measures to promote decentralized solar installations in homes and commercial establishments. Does this mean that there are opportunities for solar installers and professionals in the Caribbean Netherlands’s solar market?
Well, the answer to the question above is yes. There are several lucrative opportunities for solar installers and professionals in the Caribbean Netherlands. All it takes to succeed in this market is an unrivalled skill and a reliable solar equipment supplier.
The Caribbean Netherlands’s solar equipment supply capacity (Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba)
There are several off-grid and on-grid solar equipment manufacturers and suppliers operating in the Caribbean Netherlands. Do you want a reliable solar equipment supplier for your project? If the answer is yes, the Solarfeeds family has got you covered. Instead of moving from one supplier to another, requesting quotes, visit our website’s inquiry page and place your request. In essence, we help you save time while granting you access to quality and affordable solar equipment.
Ports and Logistics services in Caribbean Netherlands (Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba)
Each of the three islands that form the Caribbean Netherlands has a reliable harbor. Consequently, you can import quality and affordable equipment from overseas markets by sea if the need arises. You can safely deliver them to your project site using any of the numerous logistics service providers from the port.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation