Solar Market Outlook in Burkina Faso
Burkina Faso is leading the way in renewable energy in West Africa. However, this wasn’t always the case – in fact, the country is playing catch up in terms of its commitment to clean energy.
The first solar plant – and also the largest in West Africa – is located in Zagtouli in Burkina Faso. This solar build is the solution to a cheap, reliable, and efficient source of energy in an area wherein over 19 million residents have no access to electricity. This solar plant is capable of producing up to 5% of the nation’s total energy supply.
Another effort to drive the solar power market in the country is through a public private partnership known as the Emerging Africa Infrastructure Fund. This development will cost 29 Million Euros and is capable of producing 30 MW of solar power. This is a major step for one of Africa’s poorest countries in terms of taking its solar energy industry to the next level.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Burkina Faso
Burkina Faso has an abundance of power equipment suppliers and distributors for individual and commercial use. It also has access to many other global suppliers and distributors.
Top 8 Major Seaports & Logistics in Burkina Faso
Despite being a landlocked country, it is possible to supply solar power equipment via major seaports near the African country. The major ports include Beregadougou and Koudougou. This makes it possible for the logistics and trade activity to include solar power equipment and parts for small or large scale installations.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation