Bolivia’s solar market outlook
In 2009, the Bolivian government adopted a new constitution that stated that the nation would develop and promote renewable energy. In the spirit of fulfilling this constitutional mandate, Bolivia targets to attain a renewable energy capacity of 183 Megawatts by 2025. This target is the main driving force behind the growth of the Bolivian solar market.
According to a leading solar market research organization, Bolivia’s installed solar capacity stood at 120 Megawatts in 2019. Nearly a year and a half down the line, this figure has increased exponentially. In February 2021, Bolivian authorities inaugurated the second phase of the country’s largest solar plant. This plant is expected to add 100 Megawatts of energy to the national power grid.
If such developments are anything to go by, the Bolivian solar market will continue to grow for the foreseeable future. This growth trajectory indicates that there are vast opportunities for solar installers and other professionals in this market. All you need to do is station yourself for success by upskilling and building solid partnerships.
Solar equipment production and supply capacity in Bolivia
There are several solar equipment manufacturers and distributors serving the Bolivian Market. That said, it is always advisable to partner with Solarfeeds for all your solar equipment needs. Solarfeeds is home to leading solar equipment suppliers serving the Bolivian market. The brands available on our website are instrumental in cutting down expenditures and increasing your overall revenue. More importantly, you don’t have to move from place to place requesting quotes. You just need to send a request for quotes via our inquiry page.
Ports and logistics in Bolivia
Ports and logistics amenities are valuable assets in any solar market. Well, Bolivia boasts of several ports that ease the importation of solar equipment. The country is also known for its advanced transportation network and top-notch logistics services.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation