The state of the solar market in Bermuda
Bermuda has been experiencing a major deficit of electricity for the last couple of years. However, things are looking up for the small British territory situated in the North Atlantic Ocean region. The government of Bermuda is teaming up with several members of the private sector to exploit the country’s solar energy potential.
In May 2020, the construction of a 6 Megawatts solar plant kicked in Bermuda. This project, the first of its kind, ushered in a new era in Bermuda’s energy market. In addition to this project, the government of Bermuda instigated several measures to promote residential solar utilization. One measure worth noting is the rebates initiative that offers up to $8000 for homes with yearly rent prices less than $30,000. If these developments are anything to go by, Bermuda’s solar market will offer immense opportunities for solar installers soon.
Bermuda’s solar equipment supply capacity
Bermuda is an emerging solar market. Consequently, its solar equipment supply capacity is a course for concern. It enjoys the presence of a small number of equipment manufacturers and suppliers. However, most of them do not have the aptitude to supply equipment for mega projects.
Still, the Solarfeeds family has got you covered in case you have an upcoming project. We offer a gateway to the leading solar equipment suppliers that serve the Bermudan market. So, feel free to request quotes via our website’s inquiry page.
Ports and logistics infrastructure in Bermuda
There are several sea ports in Bermuda that allow you to import solar equipment from any solar market of your choice. The British territory also enjoys good logistical amenities. Consequently, you can rest assured that you can safely deliver your equipment to the project site without any difficulty.
Off Grid Inverters
Wholesale Off-Grid Inverters PV System?
An off-grid solar system, also known as off-the-grid or standalone, is a photovoltaic system that has no access to the utility grid. For this reason, off-grid solar systems involve both solar panels and battery storage, so the power can be coming to the building from either of these two sources at any given time — depending on the solar situation.
Advantages of an Off-Grid PV System?
As was mentioned earlier, the primary characteristic of an off-grid solar system is the fact that it has no access to the utility grid. And this actually is also one of the advantages that this kind of solar system offers. The reason why this is advantageous is the fact that with no access to the utility grid, off-grid solar systems can be cheaper than extending power lines in certain remote areas.
Moreover, living off the grid makes a solar system self-sufficient, and that can be a bonus for a lot of people. For these people, this feeling of self-sufficiency is worth more than saving money. Energy self-sufficiency is also a form of security.
Power failures to the utility grid will not affect off-grid solar systems, which means that buildings with off-grid solar systems will have reliable electricity all throughout.
What Are the Equipment Needed for Off-Grid Solar Systems?
Typical off-grid solar systems require the following extra components:
- Solar Charge Controller. Solar charge controllers, also known as charge regulators or battery regulators, limit the rate of current being delivered to the battery bank and protect the batteries from overcharging.
- Solar Power Banks/Battery. As the name suggests, a battery bank is a group of batteries that are wired together.
- DC Disconnect Switch. AC and DC safety disconnects are required for all solar systems. For off-grid solar systems, one additional DC disconnect is installed between the battery bank and the off-grid inverter. This is used to switch off the current flowing between these components. The DC disconnect switch is important for maintenance, troubleshooting, and protection against electrical fires.
- Off-Grid Inverter. Generally speaking, a solar inverter is a type of electrical converter that converts the variable direct current (DC) output of a solar panel into a utility frequency alternating current (AC) that can be fed into a commercial electrical grid or used by a local, off-grid electrical network. For off-grid solar systems, off-grid inverters don’t have to match phase with the utility sine wave as opposed to grid-tie inverters. Electrical current flows from the solar panels through the solar charge controller and the battery bank before it is finally converted into AC by the off-grid inverter.
- Backup Electricity Generator. It takes a lot of money and big batteries to prepare for several consecutive days without the sun shining (or access to the grid). This is then where backup generators can be helpful.
Why Buy Wholesale Off-Grid Inverters for PV Systems from Us?
Our website lists all sorts of off-grid inverters for PV systems from established and well-respected manufacturers and brands all over the world. As a result, you can expect that the off-grid inverters that we offer are of the best variety. They are characterized by numerous remarkable features, such as higher efficiency, sturdy construction, and a longer lifespan. In other words, all the off-grid inverters that we offer will undoubtedly have the ability to fulfill all your solar power needs.
If you want to buy off-grid inverters for PV systems at low wholesale prices, then go through our website to explore products with profitable deals. You can also choose to send in your query at [email protected]