The state of the solar market in Bermuda
Bermuda has been experiencing a major deficit of electricity for the last couple of years. However, things are looking up for the small British territory situated in the North Atlantic Ocean region. The government of Bermuda is teaming up with several members of the private sector to exploit the country’s solar energy potential.
In May 2020, the construction of a 6 Megawatts solar plant kicked in Bermuda. This project, the first of its kind, ushered in a new era in Bermuda’s energy market. In addition to this project, the government of Bermuda instigated several measures to promote residential solar utilization. One measure worth noting is the rebates initiative that offers up to $8000 for homes with yearly rent prices less than $30,000. If these developments are anything to go by, Bermuda’s solar market will offer immense opportunities for solar installers soon.
Bermuda’s solar equipment supply capacity
Bermuda is an emerging solar market. Consequently, its solar equipment supply capacity is a course for concern. It enjoys the presence of a small number of equipment manufacturers and suppliers. However, most of them do not have the aptitude to supply equipment for mega projects.
Still, the Solarfeeds family has got you covered in case you have an upcoming project. We offer a gateway to the leading solar equipment suppliers that serve the Bermudan market. So, feel free to request quotes via our website’s inquiry page.
Ports and logistics infrastructure in Bermuda
There are several sea ports in Bermuda that allow you to import solar equipment from any solar market of your choice. The British territory also enjoys good logistical amenities. Consequently, you can rest assured that you can safely deliver your equipment to the project site without any difficulty.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation