Solar Market Outlook in Austria
There are numerous factors that shape the future of the solar power market in Austria. These drivers include financing support, incentives, feed-in tariff, and presence of significant investments, among others.
The Austrian government has promised to finance the 1 million photovoltaic roofing programs as part of its effort to gain climate neutrality by 2040. This is an ambitious target but the government is serious in its commitment to use renewable energy sources to supply its electricity and reduce GHG emissions by 2030.
As of 2019, Austria generated 1.4 TWh of electricity using solar power sources. This is attributed to more than 10% of the total renewable energy demand in the country.
As the country continues its effort to switch to a renewable energy source, the National Energy and Climate Plan in Austria targets a production goal of 2 TWh in 2030 using solar photovoltaic panels.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Austria
In Austria, it isn’t hard to find solar energy equipment suppliers and distributors. Most of these sellers are based in Austria but you can also find worldwide manufacturers and those based in Europe.
This is good news for residential and commercial consumers looking to invest in solar energy equipment because you can easily access them when you want to switch to renewable energy.
Among the solar energy equipment available are solar panels, solar components, and PV kits.
Top 8 Major Seaports & Logistics in Austria
There are 8 major seaports in Austria that facilitate the transfer of goods and equipment. This makes it easy to acquire solar power equipment of all sizes since they can be logistically transported through any of these major seaports:
- Wolfsberg Im Schwarz
The central location of Austria in Europe makes it accessible for handling import and export cargos.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation