A brief outline of Argentina’s solar market outlook
Argentina is arguably one of the most interesting solar markets at the moment. The South American nation’s solar sector has grown by leaps and bounds over the last three years. By the end of 2020, it had an installed solar capacity of 759 Megawatts. This figure is shocking considering that Argentina’s solar capacity stood at 8 Megawatts in 2017. What are some of the reasons behind this unprecedented growth?
Well, the government of Argentina recently adopted an innovative approach to the country’s renewable energy market. This approach has led to the introduction of feed-in-tariffs and an influx of financial support tools from various unilateral and bilateral entities. The government has also introduced a plethora of incentives intending to encourage Argentinians to invest in off-grid solar installations.
The South American country’s solar market will continue to grow because it is yet to exploit its full potential. Currently, Argentina’s solar market is ripe with lucrative opportunities for solar installers and professionals. If you play your cards right, you may become one of the beneficiaries of this budding market.
Argentina’s solar equipment supply capacity
There are several local and multinational solar equipment suppliers operating within Argentina’s nascent solar market. They specialize in the production and supply of various equipment categories including solar panels, charge controllers, and batteries. How do you order equipment for your project?
Solarfeeds.com is home to leading solar equipment suppliers serving the Argentinian market. Just get in touch with us through our inquiry page. We’ve got you covered.
Ports and logistics amenities in Argentina
Argentina has several ports through which you can receive imported equipment. It also boasts of a healthy logistics services framework. Essentially, you can order equipment from overseas markets, and rest assured that they will be delivered to your project site safely.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation