A review of Aruba’s solar market
Two years ago, the Aruban government pledged to transition to 100% renewable energy. Unfortunately, the country has not made any significant strides towards achieving this goal. The South American nation currently has a total energy installed capacity of 287 Megawatts. Renewable energy accounts for only 11.5% of the country’s aggregate installed capacity.
As of early 2021, Aruba’s installed solar capacity stood at 3.4 Megawatts. This figure is pretty low considering that the Island nation has immense solar potential. Nevertheless, things are looking up for Aruba’s solar market. The government recently implemented some policies and regulatory frameworks that will undoubtedly fuel the growth of the country’s nascent solar market.
Some of the policies worth noting include tax reduction, tax exemptions, and green public procurement frameworks. Aruba’s solar market is poised to become one of the most lucrative markets in South America if the government keeps supporting it. Are you a solar installer or a photovoltaic professional searching for opportunities? Aruba’s budding solar market is worth some consideration.
Aruba’s solar equipment supply capacity
There are a substantial number of local and multinational solar equipment suppliers serving the Aruban market. They offer different categories of solar equipment, including solar panels, solar inverters, and charge controllers, to name a few. Do you need a reliable, pocket-friendly supplier?
Solarfeeds grants you access to leading equipment suppliers serving the Aruban market. It is time-consuming and challenging to traverse the country requesting quotes from various suppliers. The Solarfeeds family understands that time is a valuable commodity. Consequently, our inquiry page offers a one-stop solution.
Aruba’s ports and logistics services
There are several ports in Aruba that facilitate the movement of goods to or from overseas markets. Therefore, you can opt to import equipment from any of the world’s leading solar markets if the need arises. Considering that the country’s infrastructure and logistics services are pretty advanced, you can comfortably deliver equipment to the project site.
Solar Pole Mounts System
When it comes to solar panel installation mounting systems should be taken seriously and professionally. The mounting system should be appropriate for the solar photovoltaic system’s design and function. Besides, these installation processes provide the structural support that solar panels need to reach their optimum tilt. An improper mounting system can also affect the overall performance of the entire solar power system. Thus, it’s essential to understand the different types of solar mounting systems.
What is Pole Mounting System?
Pole mounting system is a type of ground-mounted solar installation that uses a pole to support solar PV panels. Unlike rooftop solar panel system installation, pole mounting systems are not required to fix solar panels at the roof shingles. If you don’t prefer to mount these panels to your roof, then using a pole mount for your PV system can be a good alternative.
The Pole mount system is quick and easy to install and can provide a good option to mount your solar panels beyond reach but are still off the ground and away from harmful elements. You can easily access them for angle adjustment and cleaning or maintenance purposes compared to the solar panels installed on your rooftop.
What are the Features of a Solar Pole Mount System?
Below are the common features of a standard solar pole system:
- Single-Pole- since your solar panels are elevated on a single pole for free stand support, you can easily mount them on most of the ground surfaces.
- Compact structure – solar pole mounting system has a compact structure, which is suitable for small quantities and capacities of PV modules. They are easy and quick to assemble ideal for a small power station.
- Adjustable angles – it has adjustable angles for maximizing the optimized power generation.
- Frame / frameless solar panels – you can use either of the two PV modules for a pole mounting system.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Pole Mounting System
To help you decide whether to choose a pole mounting system or not, we have listed here some of its benefits and drawbacks. I hope this would help you to arrive at your final decision.
Benefits of Pole Mounting System
- Quick and easy installation process – pole mounting is one of the common types of solar installation due to its easier and quicker installation process that takes only a few hours.
- Maximize open space – if your property is near to unused open space, pole mounting can give you the leeway to make use of it in the most efficient way.
- Fewer restrictions and installation requirements- with pole mounting, there are fewer requirements on how and where you can install your solar power system. As long as you have a large open area, you can set up your solar panels easily.
- Equipped with an advanced tracking system – a pole mount solar installation also include a sun tracking system that will help you monitor whether your panels are getting enough sun exposure and maximum productivity throughout the day.
Drawbacks of Pole Mounting System
- Requires large vacant land space – pole mounting needs large open areas to install your solar panels. If you don’t have unused land space or living in a dense urban community then it would not fit your solar needs.
- Mostly restricted to some areas – Municipal bylaws and community homeowners associations sometimes limit the use of these solar installations due to their unsightly presence.
- Additional hardware – pole mount systems often require additional hardware, which adds up to the initial installation cost.
If you don’t want to damage your roof shingles by installing a solar panel system or you only want to supplement your roof-mounted system with additional solar panels for more capacity, then a pole mounting system is perfect for you. After all, investing in a pole-mounted solar system will generate a better ROI over time.