A review of Aruba’s solar market
Two years ago, the Aruban government pledged to transition to 100% renewable energy. Unfortunately, the country has not made any significant strides towards achieving this goal. The South American nation currently has a total energy installed capacity of 287 Megawatts. Renewable energy accounts for only 11.5% of the country’s aggregate installed capacity.
As of early 2021, Aruba’s installed solar capacity stood at 3.4 Megawatts. This figure is pretty low considering that the Island nation has immense solar potential. Nevertheless, things are looking up for Aruba’s solar market. The government recently implemented some policies and regulatory frameworks that will undoubtedly fuel the growth of the country’s nascent solar market.
Some of the policies worth noting include tax reduction, tax exemptions, and green public procurement frameworks. Aruba’s solar market is poised to become one of the most lucrative markets in South America if the government keeps supporting it. Are you a solar installer or a photovoltaic professional searching for opportunities? Aruba’s budding solar market is worth some consideration.
Aruba’s solar equipment supply capacity
There are a substantial number of local and multinational solar equipment suppliers serving the Aruban market. They offer different categories of solar equipment, including solar panels, solar inverters, and charge controllers, to name a few. Do you need a reliable, pocket-friendly supplier?
Solarfeeds grants you access to leading equipment suppliers serving the Aruban market. It is time-consuming and challenging to traverse the country requesting quotes from various suppliers. The Solarfeeds family understands that time is a valuable commodity. Consequently, our inquiry page offers a one-stop solution.
Aruba’s ports and logistics services
There are several ports in Aruba that facilitate the movement of goods to or from overseas markets. Therefore, you can opt to import equipment from any of the world’s leading solar markets if the need arises. Considering that the country’s infrastructure and logistics services are pretty advanced, you can comfortably deliver equipment to the project site.
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation