Solar Market Outlook in Algeria
The renewable energy sector of Algeria is steadily growing over the past few years. However, the past couple of years saw the most consistent and committed effort from the Algerian government in an effort to bolster the solar energy industry.
In early 2021, the Algerian government announced its plans to call for tenders of up to 1,000 MW of clean energy that is available to select companies. Foreign investors are also welcomed but there are certain conditions to be met.
In June 2021, the government launched a tender for 1,000 MW for solar PV capacity. The focus on boosting the solar power generation capacity in Algeria is fueled by the growing demand for electricity in the country. At the same time, it aims to save on gas production for export purposes.
The target for the Algerian government is to reach 16 GW of solar and renewable energy capacity by 2035. There are some areas in Algeria that are lacking in terms of energy production and the government is looking at solar power as a viable solution to meet this demand.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Algeria
There are several companies and suppliers operating in Algeria for those looking to obtain solar power equipment. Access to these equipment suppliers is convenient due to the logistics and trade activity in the country.
Top 8 Major Seaports & Logistics in Algeria
There are numerous seaports and logistics facilities available in Algeria for those interested in shifting to solar energy generation. These can be transported via the major seaports in Algeria such as
- Beni Saf,
- Djen Djen,
- Oran, Mostaganem,
Off Grid Inverters
Wholesale Off-Grid Inverters PV System?
An off-grid solar system, also known as off-the-grid or standalone, is a photovoltaic system that has no access to the utility grid. For this reason, off-grid solar systems involve both solar panels and battery storage, so the power can be coming to the building from either of these two sources at any given time — depending on the solar situation.
Advantages of an Off-Grid PV System?
As was mentioned earlier, the primary characteristic of an off-grid solar system is the fact that it has no access to the utility grid. And this actually is also one of the advantages that this kind of solar system offers. The reason why this is advantageous is the fact that with no access to the utility grid, off-grid solar systems can be cheaper than extending power lines in certain remote areas.
Moreover, living off the grid makes a solar system self-sufficient, and that can be a bonus for a lot of people. For these people, this feeling of self-sufficiency is worth more than saving money. Energy self-sufficiency is also a form of security.
Power failures to the utility grid will not affect off-grid solar systems, which means that buildings with off-grid solar systems will have reliable electricity all throughout.
What Are the Equipment Needed for Off-Grid Solar Systems?
Typical off-grid solar systems require the following extra components:
- Solar Charge Controller. Solar charge controllers, also known as charge regulators or battery regulators, limit the rate of current being delivered to the battery bank and protect the batteries from overcharging.
- Solar Power Banks/Battery. As the name suggests, a battery bank is a group of batteries that are wired together.
- DC Disconnect Switch. AC and DC safety disconnects are required for all solar systems. For off-grid solar systems, one additional DC disconnect is installed between the battery bank and the off-grid inverter. This is used to switch off the current flowing between these components. The DC disconnect switch is important for maintenance, troubleshooting, and protection against electrical fires.
- Off-Grid Inverter. Generally speaking, a solar inverter is a type of electrical converter that converts the variable direct current (DC) output of a solar panel into a utility frequency alternating current (AC) that can be fed into a commercial electrical grid or used by a local, off-grid electrical network. For off-grid solar systems, off-grid inverters don’t have to match phase with the utility sine wave as opposed to grid-tie inverters. Electrical current flows from the solar panels through the solar charge controller and the battery bank before it is finally converted into AC by the off-grid inverter.
- Backup Electricity Generator. It takes a lot of money and big batteries to prepare for several consecutive days without the sun shining (or access to the grid). This is then where backup generators can be helpful.
Why Buy Wholesale Off-Grid Inverters for PV Systems from Us?
Our website lists all sorts of off-grid inverters for PV systems from established and well-respected manufacturers and brands all over the world. As a result, you can expect that the off-grid inverters that we offer are of the best variety. They are characterized by numerous remarkable features, such as higher efficiency, sturdy construction, and a longer lifespan. In other words, all the off-grid inverters that we offer will undoubtedly have the ability to fulfill all your solar power needs.
If you want to buy off-grid inverters for PV systems at low wholesale prices, then go through our website to explore products with profitable deals. You can also choose to send in your query at [email protected]