Solar Market Outlook in Algeria
The renewable energy sector of Algeria is steadily growing over the past few years. However, the past couple of years saw the most consistent and committed effort from the Algerian government in an effort to bolster the solar energy industry.
In early 2021, the Algerian government announced its plans to call for tenders of up to 1,000 MW of clean energy that is available to select companies. Foreign investors are also welcomed but there are certain conditions to be met.
In June 2021, the government launched a tender for 1,000 MW for solar PV capacity. The focus on boosting the solar power generation capacity in Algeria is fueled by the growing demand for electricity in the country. At the same time, it aims to save on gas production for export purposes.
The target for the Algerian government is to reach 16 GW of solar and renewable energy capacity by 2035. There are some areas in Algeria that are lacking in terms of energy production and the government is looking at solar power as a viable solution to meet this demand.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Algeria
There are several companies and suppliers operating in Algeria for those looking to obtain solar power equipment. Access to these equipment suppliers is convenient due to the logistics and trade activity in the country.
Top 8 Major Seaports & Logistics in Algeria
There are numerous seaports and logistics facilities available in Algeria for those interested in shifting to solar energy generation. These can be transported via the major seaports in Algeria such as
- Beni Saf,
- Djen Djen,
- Oran, Mostaganem,
What Is a Hybrid Solar System?
As the name suggests, a hybrid solar system is a solar system that combines the best characteristics from both grid-tie and off-grid solar systems. In other words, a hybrid solar system generates power in the same way as a common grid-tie solar system but uses special hybrid inverters and batteries to store energy for later use. For this reason, hybrid solar systems are oftentimes described as off-grid solar with utility backup power or grid-tie solar with extra battery storage.
What Are the Advantages of a Hybrid Solar System?
Hybrid solar systems offer two primary advantages to their potential users. These advantages are as follows:
Hybrid solar systems are less expensive than off-grid solar systems. With this kind of solar system, it is not needed to have a backup generator, and the capacity of the battery bank can be downsized. Additionally, off-peak electricity from the utility is also cheaper than diesel.
The introduction of hybrid solar systems has opened up many interesting innovations. New inverters let homeowners take advantage of changes in the utility electricity rates throughout the day. Case in point: solar panels happen to output the most electrical power at noon — not long before the price of electricity peaks — but though that’s the case, the building can be programmed to consume power during off-peak hours (or from the solar panels). Long story short, smart solar such as the hybrid PV system holds a lot of promise.
What Are the Equipment Needed for Hybrid Solar Systems?
Typical hybrid solar systems have the following additional components:
- Solar Charge Controller. Solar charge controllers, also known as charge regulators or battery regulators, limit the rate of current being delivered to the battery bank and protect the batteries from overcharging.
- Battery Bank. As the name suggests, a battery bank is a group of batteries that are wired together.
- DC Disconnect Switch. AC and DC safety disconnects are required for all solar systems. But just like an off-grid solar system, a hybrid solar system requires one additional DC disconnect to be installed between the battery bank and the inverter. This is used to switch off the current flowing between these components. The DC disconnect switch is important for maintenance, troubleshooting, and protection against electrical fires.
- Battery-Based Grid-Tie Inverter. Hybrid solar systems utilize battery-based grid-tie inverters. These devices combine can draw electrical power to and from battery banks, as well as synchronize with the utility grid.
- Solar meter. Essentially, a solar meter is a device that is used to measure kWh production from a solar system. Solar meters collect PV yield production and local energy consumption to monitor and analyze PV plant performance.
Why Buy Wholesale Inverters for Hybrid PV Systems from Us?
Our website lists all sorts of inverters for hybrid PV systems from established and well-respected manufacturers and brands all over the world. As a result, you can expect that the hybrid solar inverters that we offer are of the best variety. They are characterized by numerous remarkable features, such as higher efficiency, sturdy construction, and a longer lifespan. In other words, all the hybrid solar inverters that we offer will undoubtedly have the ability to fulfill all your solar power needs.
If you want to buy inverters for hybrid PV systems at low wholesale prices, then go through our website to explore products with profitable deals. You can also choose to send in your query at [email protected]