Solar Market Outlook in Algeria
The renewable energy sector of Algeria is steadily growing over the past few years. However, the past couple of years saw the most consistent and committed effort from the Algerian government in an effort to bolster the solar energy industry.
In early 2021, the Algerian government announced its plans to call for tenders of up to 1,000 MW of clean energy that is available to select companies. Foreign investors are also welcomed but there are certain conditions to be met.
In June 2021, the government launched a tender for 1,000 MW for solar PV capacity. The focus on boosting the solar power generation capacity in Algeria is fueled by the growing demand for electricity in the country. At the same time, it aims to save on gas production for export purposes.
The target for the Algerian government is to reach 16 GW of solar and renewable energy capacity by 2035. There are some areas in Algeria that are lacking in terms of energy production and the government is looking at solar power as a viable solution to meet this demand.
Solar Energy Equipment Supply Capacity in Algeria
There are several companies and suppliers operating in Algeria for those looking to obtain solar power equipment. Access to these equipment suppliers is convenient due to the logistics and trade activity in the country.
Top 8 Major Seaports & Logistics in Algeria
There are numerous seaports and logistics facilities available in Algeria for those interested in shifting to solar energy generation. These can be transported via the major seaports in Algeria such as
- Beni Saf,
- Djen Djen,
- Oran, Mostaganem,
What is an Electric Panel for Solar Plants?
Electrical panels consist of various connectors and switches that regulate the current flow from the solar power plant to the circuits. In simple terms, solar panels are interconnected to one point, after which the electrical panel and the circuit breaker act as a barrier. All the appliances and electrical equipment are present after this barrier.
How Does the Electric Panel work?
High voltage from the power line or the solar feed goes into the electric panel box and gets distributed to various parts of a house or office premises. Each distribution line gets connected to a Miniature Circuit Breaker. These circuit breakers trip by a short circuit to avert the danger of fire.
What Are Some applications of Electric Panels?
Electric power acts as an interface between the high voltage power line and household circuitry. Irrespective of the source, the electric panels are selected based on the power and current values. Here are some of the applications of Electric panel systems.
- Solar power: Electric Panels get connected to the power line coming from the solar energy system. The current gets distributed to various circuits inside the house.
- Conventional power line: Conventional power lines transmit power to the households. Here a main electrical panel box is installed along with the circuit breakers. This box contains the main switch which in case of emergencies can turn off the power of the entire house.
Types of Electric Panels for Solar Projects
Electric panel category based on the power capacity
- Main Panel: This is a high-capacity Electric panel box installed in any house.
- Sub Panel: These are small panels connected to the main Electric Panel. They are part of the circuit and are present in the various sections of large households.
- Lug Panel: Lug panel has no circuit breakers.
- Fuse Box: Comes with fuse connections that protect the circuits from high voltage surges.
Electric panel category based on the application
- 100 to 150 Amps: Old types of Electric panels not used anymore.
- 200 Amps: Electric panels with a capacity of 200 Amps are the most commonly used power panels.
- 400 Amps: Big houses with high power consumption and high power appliances use 400 Amps electric panels.
Some known brands of Electric Panel for Solar Plants
One of the most innovative companies making electric panels for solar plants is SPAN. Founded by a Tesla employee, SPAN makes Smart Electric power panels. They are used with Smart devices to control the power supply.
Some of the other manufacturers and suppliers are:
- Digital Analysis Corporation