Yana solar Charging Station for Electric Vehicles
With fossil fuels diminishing, the future does need vehicles fueledby clean electricity. However, since a major percentage of electricitystill comes from conventional sources, the environmental benefits ofelectric cars are debatable. Designers have started their efforts inproviding stunning designs that will be able to help EV owners chargetheir rides with renewable energy, ensuring CO2-free mobility.
The Yana solarcharging station is an EV charger that is fueled exclusively bysolar energy. The system’s 12 photovoltaic panels feed solar energy into a large redox-flow battery, which ensure that energy is also availableat night or during bad weather.
The battery stores 100KWh and provides 10KW of power. The Yana isequipped with an intelligent electrical connector system that enablescommunication between the outlet and an external service by means of aGSM modem.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?