World’s Largest Solar Office Building Unveiled in China
Theworld’s largest solar-powered building has been unveiled in Dezhou,Shangdong Province in northwest China. The 75,000-square-meter officebuilding is based on the sun dial structure and marks the urgency ofseeking renewable energy to replace polluting fossil fuels.
Thebuilding provides space for exhibition centers, scientific researchfacilities, meeting and training facilities and a sustainable hotel.Dubbed the Sun and the Moon Altar micro-row buildings, the architecturefeatures the Chinese characters for sun and moon, while the whiteexterior symbolizes clean energy. Inaddition to a massive solar array, green ideas have been appliedthrough the construction process. The external structure used only 1%steel for the Bird’s nest and advanced roof and wall insulation systemsreduce 30% more energy than the national energy saving standard. Thebuilding will be the main venue for the 4th World Solar City Congress.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS